Author Topic: Arillas With Kids  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Tim M

Arillas With Kids
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:58:06 PM »
Hi,

We're thinking of Arillas as a destination for Summer 2012 and would like to ask those who are familiar with the resort a couple of questions.

Do any of the restaurants in the resort have any kind of kids play area?

Also does the resort on the whole attract many families or does it tend to be more couples?

If we go it would be during the school holidays.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas With Kids
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
the mirage has a play area by the pool, and theres a new play area next door to the pizza place near to brouklis, away from the beach.
lots of families love it, the sea is really safe as it goes out a long way before getting deep and no waves to speak of the beach is perfect for making sandcastles!!
all the tavernas will cater for children. in fact we can't wait to take our grandchildren next year!
where are you staying??
how old are the children?
ger x

Offline Tim M

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 02:50:12 PM »
The children are 4, 11 and 13.

The question about play areas was obviously to do with keeping the 4 year old happy. The older two will have a much more enjoyable holiday if there are kids there own age for them to hang around with which is why I asked if many families go to Arillas.

We haven't booked anything yet but the apartments we've got our eye on are Kaloudis village, mainly because they have apartments large enough for a family of 5, which isn't that common in Greece. On that subject can anyone recomend anywhere else in case they're booked up?

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »
We have been taking Calum since he was 4, he won't holiday any where else and he is 14 in July.  Two of my daughters have also holidayed in Arillas with their young children who have all loved it.  As previously said Mirage has a play area and there is also a small play area at the Rainbow complex.  The sea is safe and there are plenty of apartments with pools which can be used.

You will love it and so will the children

Jill x
Jill XXX

Offline JohnJ

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »
As for larger apartments try Rainbow bar  direct or through Thomas Cookn. Rainbow has some apartments called Nafsika ( the name of the owners mother) which are two bedroom and they can usually put another bed in the dining area to make it 5. To check that out ring Dimitri ( or Jimmy as most people know him) or his brother Spiro on 00 30 26630 51090.  You will find them extremely friendly and helpful.
JohnJ
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »
Question has been answered, but I can confirm that many families with kids in that range are doing it all right now - I am here and observing it.

It must be one of the safest destinations in Europe, well from my experience anyway. Families will be welcomed in EVERY establishment here because the Greek/Corfiot way is all about family. That's one reason I love it so much.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
Hi Tim
Just returned with my 6 year old grandson (2nd time for him)
He loved it the first time, He loved it the second time.
no worries on the children score.
Book it and you won't be dissapointed.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 10:53:48 PM »
Hi Tim. Your kids will love Arillas. We are off tomorrow (incase anyone in the Western hemisphere hadn't heard!!). We have been visiting this gorgeous village since 1995 when my eldest was just 1 and have returned every year (apart from the year we had his twin brothers - on his birthday I hasten to add - very expensive May in our house!!) Anyhow, I digress!!

Arillas is a beautiful SAFE resort with a gorgeous beach (when it is behaving!) and loads of pools for the kids to have a fantastic time. Gorgeous tavernas for the adults to remember why they got married and go misty-eyed at the fabulous sunsets with friendly warm locals that will really make the difference between a holiday and somwhere that will remain in your soul for many years to come. Trust us!

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 01:03:43 AM »
Also the Malibu has the video arcade, pool tables and the tinternet. Always seems to be popular with the kids of an evening while the adults have a drink. Is there an air hockey too?? Most bars also show the movies should the little ones get sick of the beautiful scenery and sand/sea.

332 sleeps and counting........sigh!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 12:17:32 PM »
There are quite a few apartments with 2 bedrooms, check the accomodation listing, we are at the Makris with Thomas Cook very reasonable and they have 2bedroom apartments that sleep six with a large kitchen and bathroom and three balconies! It's a little way to the beach, 10-15 min slow walk but there is a supermarket and bakery 2mins away.
The family that have just left this apartment have already booked again for next year

Val x
The love affair continues.

Booking.com