Author Topic: Snorkeling in Arillas July 2011  (Read 12837 times)

Nan

Re: Snorkeling in Arillas July 2011
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310306817936

Hi xkrchnav

Nice to see you post about my photos. Thanks for you comments. I have an older version of the camera above and as you can see it comes with it's own little "diving case" for underwater use. It is a normal camera and you can use it as such. It's not too expensive and the shots are reasonable.

I bought mine to go to the Maldives I remember we spoke about swimming with the baby sharks!!!  Now is your little baby now? Hope you are all well and hope to see you in September!

Best wishes Nan x

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
Great pics Nan, I do enjoy a good snorkel (why does that sound rude lol) my best Greek one was going from the beach at Cape Sounion right across to under Poisidons Temple seeing the anciant greek artifacts - mainly broken Urns etc was amazing and I get totally lost in time and sea depth its so peaceful.

The best snorkel of all was Langkawi Malasyia - now that was like swimming in an aquarium - only one scary moment when I saw a shark several feet below - I can remember trying to say "shark" with the snorkel in my mouth - silly me how did I think anyone could hear me.

Must buy a snorkel on my June visit next year and take the plunge
Many thanks again Nan
Ang

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
They are lovely, Nan, thanks xx
Cheryl O

Offline xkrchnav

• Feel free to call via skype
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Company wherein I work.
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »
Nice and really not expensive camera. I'm considering this bag:

http://www.aquapac.net/worldstore/water-photo-large-859-0.html

But... it's almost the same price as your camera... So I really don't know now...

See you in September!
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 11:21:04 AM »
What do you think about this one?

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=4083&review=fujifilm+finepix+z33wp

available in Czech shops too... therefore I'm posting this :). Vivicam would have to be from ebay...
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Nan

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 11:41:59 AM »
So glad you can get the fujifilm finepix in Czech republic I would go with this one!

Dimitris recommended this to me a while ago and he has had some very good results with it.

To be honest I don't know anything about the photo bag??? Maybe someone else on the forum can tell you more.

I will look forward to seeing you all in September.

Cheers Nan x

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 03:59:40 PM »
Thank you for the lovely photographs.Snorkelling is something I have always wanted to do but despite many years of school swimming lessons I seem to be one of these people who no matter how hard I try seem to naturally sink.

I will just have to be content managing from to swim from one side of the Marvel pool to the other and admiring the great pictures posted here.

Nan

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
Jen

you would be surprised at how easy it is!

Buy yourself a snorkel from one of the shops in Arillas and have a go in the pool first. All you have to remember is keep breathing through your mouth into the snorkel IN and OUT.

Don't forget to put your mask on (like I did more than once) and just put your face in the water to start off with and breathe!!  You don't really have to swim until you get used to it. When you feel ready just float off and practise breathing.

When you try in the sea you need calm conditions but it's just the same. Look down at your feet and there will be fish swimming around them!  It really isn't that difficult you just need the confidence to have a go.

I couldn't wear the little goggles they were no good for me but the mask is so much clearer and so long as you get all your hair out of the seal it shouldn't let in any water.

If it's something you've always wanted to to you should TRY it and amaze yourself you WILL do it. When are you at the Marvel sometime soon? Have a good time.

Cheers Nan x

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »
Nan,wish we were going to be there soon but missed this year due a family wedding and have just booked a cruise-well a mini one- for our 25th anniversary next year.Meanwhile I can still have my daily fix of news,gossip and sunshine thanks to everyone on the forum.

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »
I'm almost decided... We'll go for the aquapac :). It's more than 3x cheaper than waterproof camera. And that camera wouldn't be still good quality as I'd like.
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »
I just love your photos too, Nan.  You make snorkeling sound so easy, I may even have to give it a try myself!
Thanks love,

lynn xx

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »
The bag is finally home! Here is the first test :)

We can't wait to bring some photos/videos from beautiful scenery under water of Arillas :).
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Booking.com