Author Topic: The Arillas Tourism Questionaire  (Read 24130 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
The Arillas Tourism Questionaire
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:43:52 PM »

Did anyone else see/complete the tourist questionnaires?  We only saw them in Arillas/Theo car rentals, so it may have been a real missed opportunity by the organisers. They should have been in every supermarket & taverna! The questionnaire asked all sorts of questions about Arillas (what's missing, likes, dislikes, safety, beach etc). Our moans were just as I've put on here - oh and the re-installation of showers on the beach (taps were appearing again as we left)

In order to show the local authorities that Arillas is not just another Corfu resort like Roda, Benitses, Paleocastritsa, etc. but a special destination that needs special care and attention.
We have placed in most of the accommodation and restaurants in Arillas questionnaires to be filled by you. Just ask the owners to give you the leaflet and please take a little time ( aprox 2 to 5 minutes) to fill it in.
After the season is finished, the data will be prossesed  by a committee from the Ionian University of Corfu and the results will be presented to the people of Arillas and the local representatives of the Corfu local council in various meetings and councils during the winter season.
We hope after this research  to be able to officially create the “Arillas profile” so that the businesses and people of Arillas  can be advised and steered in the right direction about any development that needs (or doesn’t need) to take place in Arillas to ensure that Arillas can offer you  everything you want in your holiday
So please give us 5 minutes of your time, ask your property or hotel owner for the questionnaire and  take the opportunity to tell us what you prefer in your holiday and fill in our questionnaire.
Our Organisation was founded in February 2011 by 53 business owners of Arillas. The aims of this organisation is to help our area create and maintain a well balanced business environment between the Arillas visitors, the local people and the local authorities.

The places that you will find the questionnaires are the following:

Akti hotel
Marina hotel,
Horizon Hotel
Kaloudis Village,
Arillas car hire
Arkokal travel
Thetis Hotel,
Thomas bungalows,
Brouklis Taverna,
Zambeta Apts
irenevillas Apts
Mathraki Apts,
Rainbow bar,
Tria Adelfia
Nikos Apts,
Villa Monaxia
Doctor;s Surgery
Anna Studios
Marvelous Hotel
Alex Studios
Megalithari Villas
PAradisso and Panorama Villas
Bardis Sun Studios
Athina Apts
Mastrogiannis retreat

ANd some more that I will add as I do nto remember right now

We have produced  1000 pieces to be filled that we will divide through the season

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: The Arillas Tourism Questionaire
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:51:47 PM »
Any chance of an online version Dimitris? for those of us that have been and did not have the opportunity to complete any form of questionnaire.
Thanks Ang

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »
For this year the project will be only in printed version,

It is a decision that is taken from the people of Arillas, as a large number of those do not deal with the internet as well as the the majority of the local counselors.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 03:38:40 PM »
Dimitris gave us the draft of the questionnaire when we were there in May. Duly completed it along with some extremely tiny amendments.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »
As I said to Dimitri last week, I think this is a really good thing to do.

Its a shame its taken an economic crisis to bring the Businesses of Arillas together but no business should ever be afraid of exploring what its customers truly think about it. Equally, I hope that those people filling it in give a response warts and all without fear of favour.

If this can be used to map a cohesive future plan for Arillas, highlight the improvements that need to be made to keep Arillas competitive on a world stage, and thats not necessarily cheapest option, then great!

I think we handed ours in, the Accomodation we found very comfortable! :-)

I missed a point though. OCTOBER. Every year the season seems to be getting shorter and shorter. I heard someone talking about closing up in September this year! There is a scool holiday at the end of October and we always have enquiries for this week at least. AT LEAST! What can you say but sorry, you will need a car because everythings shut!

It then becomes self fulfilling, noone will come in October because nothing is open, nothing is open because nobody comes.

The flights are still there and cheap, and the weather is far nicer than at home. Amybe its uneconomical for the biggest places but........
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 04:44:12 PM »
Dimitris

Is this something I can scan and then e-mail to previous visitors for them to scan and e-mail back?

Neill

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 04:48:43 PM »
We would love to do that Eggy. We didn't know/remember about it or would have asked at Bardis Sun.

Phil

Nan

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »
Unfortunately I must have missed the opportunity to complete this questionaire when I was at Kaloudis Village in July.

Looking at the comprehensive list of places that supply the questionaire it won't be difficult to find one for me to complete when I am over again in September.

Can I ask are they being displayed prominently or just available on request?

Maybe a notice to advertise the availability of the questionaire in all the hotels, appartments, businesses and tavernas would be a good way of bringing it to everyone's attention.

I have been to Arillas in October 2009 and found a reasonable choice of places to eat. Brouklis, Portofino and the Marina were still open. Shops were open and travel companies were still offering day trips. It's a quiet time and things are winding down but still a good time of year to visit if you prefer a walking holiday. I walked over to Afionas and San George which I would never have been able to do in the main season. The flights are incredibily good value at this time of year and it's a good chance to grab a little sunshine before the Winter. It is still a wonderful place to be.

If we can be of any help at all we owe it to the local people of Arillas to complete this questionaire and give them the information which will enable them to provide a better service.

NOW what would be interesting is if the local businesses of Arillas told US what they would like from the tourists .....better manners, politeness, consideration of their property and fittings, not quishing mossies on the walls of the rooms !!

Just a little thought wouldn't go amiss would it?

Cheers Nan x

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 05:04:50 PM »
Dimitris

Is this something I can scan and then e-mail to previous visitors for them to scan and e-mail back?

Neill
I have uploaded here.

http://arillas.de/arillas_questionaire.pdf

I;m not sure if the committee will approve this
but we shall give it a go.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »
We were presented with this questionnaire at Kaloudis in June, and filled it in favourably.  The only adverse comment we made was that we would like the return of the ATM.

lynn xx

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »
Can I ask are they being displayed prominently or just available on request?

The Property and hotel owners have been given the questionnaires at the beginning of June.
It's up to the property owner how to promote it.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
As you know, we filled one in which we picked up at Theo's but we didn't see any at Kaloudis, where we stayed (although we only went into the bar a couple of times).
It's a really good idea - so long as people are sensible & reasonable. You always get a few who moan and moan and moan.....!

Nan

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 05:37:48 PM »
Dimitris

Thank you for your reply to my request for information about the promotion of the questionaire.

Good to see you have taken the initiative and uploaded the questionaire format. I hope you receive many responses.

Thanks again

Nan

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 09:31:01 PM »
Dimitris that is excellent I can now complete and forward....to who I dont know but I will chat with Eggy about it .
Thanks
Ang

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 01:41:15 PM »
Thank you for the update Dimitris. I have printed off a copy and will forward it when complete. I think it's an excellent idea. Didn't see the Bardis Sun Hotel on the list. Do I send it to you? I hope to be back in Arillas in September/October, I could bring it with me then, if its not too late.
Yammas,
Martin.

Booking.com