Author Topic: exchange rate  (Read 8055 times)

Offline soamesnkat

exchange rate
« on: August 13, 2005, 03:28:42 PM »
hi all hope too see you all very soon can anyone tell us wot the current exchage rate is in arilas as i cant find a site to tell me and were flighing on mon

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Exchange Rate
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 07:47:02 PM »
The guide I use is the excange rate in Corfu is generally 0.07 greater than in England. So if it's e1.38 here it should be around E1.45 over there.
Or you could give Olga a ring at Arillas Travel on 0030 2663 051280. Tell her you're bringing over sterling Travellers Cheques and I'm sure she'll oblige with an up to date exchange. Her English is very good.
Have a good flight and holiday.
Negg

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
exchange rate
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 12:55:34 PM »
We changed a small amount of sterling on Friday at the Marina and it was just a fraction over 1.4 - the same as I got at Marks & Spencer on 1st August!  Maybe you get a better rate if you change a larger amount, but Roy changes it as he needs it - the commission is not significant.  I take my euros with me!

Enjoy your holiday!

Fiona

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Exchange
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 02:17:41 PM »
I suppose we could debate this topic until the cows come home. This fraction difference is around 5/6% though. Today in Corfu the exchange is e1.445. ( I rang someone there) In England it's e1.392. It's true that if you shop around at home you can find better than e1.392 but this applies in Corfu as well. I belive Harold got a good rate recently from a hole in the wall at Corfu Town. To make it work for you though you need commission free sterling T/C's or a lot of cash to take with you.
So a family of 4 who spends £400 cash over a 7 day holdiay are about £18 better off. From our point of view as "Flight Only", car for 14 days accommodation and food and cigarretes/ alcohol we bring home, we can save at least £60. ( But it's what the individual feel comfortable with )
Anyway I'd rather give the commission to the Greeks.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Tom

Hole in the wall
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 06:16:35 PM »
Anyone know if there a hole in the wall in arillas or somewhere you can get cash back on a card? Or is the nearest place/best commission banks in corfu town?

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
exchange rate
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 06:28:22 PM »
tom if u look further down this section in general information there is a thread on atm machines

Offline Tom

exchange rate
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 07:01:38 PM »
Thanks - Sidari or Corfu Town it is then for an atm.

Booking.com