Author Topic: Some helpful info for those that need a cashpoint etc  (Read 46617 times)

ceefacts

Re: Some helpful info for those that need a cashpoint etc
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »
Well maybe another section needs to be started for LOCAL BUS SERVICES as the taxi and transfer title makes me assume like many other people it is about getting to and from the airport and not about connecting locally with the other towns and villages ... thats why I listed this as info on needing to get to the cashpoints in San Stef and Sidari , but i supose we could get a transfer to the airport and use the ones there !

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 04:00:45 PM »
No need to assume Mike, it does say Everything about Taxi transfers, bus and coach journeys etc.
 etc, et cetera, a Latin expression meaning "and other things" and it's easy enough to navigate to the page in question
Tony :-)

ceefacts

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »
ok Tony , click the forum home page and look at the list of threads for Arillas general infomation this is what you will read "Taxi and Bus Transfer" none of your aforementioned etc etc etc bus and coach journeys so try reading the page as someone new to it rather than someone who knows the idiosyncrecies on the moderator , if the post had been left in general chat it would be easier for all to read , new people or old heads like you ...... If someone new to Arillas wants info they will go to General Info ... so dont you agree it should have its own listing for LOCAL BUS SERVICES ? that would solve all this banter in one go .... if we dont use the bus it will be scrapped so the better we advertise it the better it is for everyone .

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »
Sorry, but I think this is a really silly argument.

I agree with Jo, and think that Dimitri has enough to do already.

Personally, if I want specific information about something , I use the 'SEARCH' facility, so I don't care where it's posted. Most people will be able to find it, simply by using a bit of common sense.

Angie

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »
I see the other post about a local bus  has now been moved  to taxi and bus transfers although  it was started over two months ago. I suppose it was not a threat to local buisness  until a bus arrived. So much for looking after the tourist!
Barry. 

Offline coys

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 05:15:39 PM »
Angie. so for what reason do you think this post should not be moved to a place where everybody can go straight to it.
As i said before he had time to move a post he did not like!
Barry.

ceefacts

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:17 PM »
Re Angiem

Another Arillas old head failing to realise that anybody new to the site might not know how to find things as easily as the members who seem to have been here years ...... My post is all about making things easy for everyone old and new not as a means to keep bored people entertained....... This is about looking after the tourists and locals ..... All the people that have been going to Arillas for years and coming on this website forget that without 'new blood' coming to the resort eventually businesses wont be able to afford to open. You only have to look between the Malibu bar and Olga's to see my concerns , so to HIDE this post when it would have made more sense to leave it open on the general info page is beyond belief.  I have come on this site over the last few years and it always surprises me how much of a 'Clique' there seems to be ..... theres only a couple of other brave people who agree with me ..... then the 'Clique' join in , those that always have an opinion .... well this post was mine , it was worth making and if it worries anyone maybe you should look at the best options for ALL in Arillas and not ya little group ........ If you all love Arillas that much try eating in a different place every night , rather than the one or two , All of Arillas needs trade and a bus service will bring fresh people in .... new revenue ..... they will make their own minds up of where to eat etc , and how much they spend .... but atleast with the bus service they have the choice whereas if we dont have one there is plenty of chances more places will close within the next two years .

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »
Taxi and Bus Transfer
Everything about Taxi transfers, bus and coach journeys etc.    630 Posts
83 Topics    Last post by Mike Jones
in Re: local buses arillas ...
on Today at 05:33:39 PM

Heard of Specsavers Mike ;-)

ceefacts

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »
I know you can click on that page , yet you have to understand that newcomers might not get to it that way , but if you read the title of my post it is about info about cashpoints so for me its in the wrong place , if you dont like it tough , start ya own post about doddery old gits who have nothing better to do than stamp their pointless views on a subject that you didnt need to get involved in ..... but hats of to ya , big up the Arillas Mafia !!!

Offline coys

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »
Tony It seems Mike was trying to help new people coming onto this site.
If you can't see that maybe you need specsavers.
If you read his first post it was about getting to a cashpoint if you are trying to be clever. It is easier to have a go at someone who who is trying to help than say something  constructtive.
Barry.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 06:28:58 PM »
Sorry Mike but it's a bus timetable you have posted regardles of what your title of the post is it has absolutely nothing to do with any ATM's and there location  as you don't mention any specific cash point nor a specific location what so ever so in reality the post is a tad pointless
On the other hand if you had titled your post "New bus service" that would be totally relevant to the post and useful :-)
Tony

ceefacts

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »
What was the point of me listing it as a new bus service ...... it would have been moved ..... hence the reason i didnt list it as anything other than helpful info about cashpoints ..... if someone replied to my post and asked for locations id have been happy to help , instead of that ive been answering you and your view on how things should be on here , you have been a pain in the arse all day .... I was trying to help , but there are certain members on here that want to keep Arillas for themselves ....... HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO HELP , DO EXACTLY THAT WHEN I DEAL WITH IDIOTS LIKE YOU , the fact is it is information i posted , it doesnt matter what it was its the fact i was passing on HELPFUL info .... not hindering anyone or anything ...... so do me a favour and shut up , and stop putting off people asking questions because of you hidden agendas

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
Mike you have made several very valid points re Arillas and its future, Im not going to discuss those here.

However Im not clear on what the issue is, or am I missing something? as if someone chooses to visit the forum and not become a member when they click on General Info they then have a list of options eg, car and boat hire, taxi and bus transfere, currency and exchange, things to do.

I will however concede that maybe "local inter resort bus service" could be added to the taxi and bus transfere info, that said it is only a trail maybe if it proves successful, which I certainly hope it will be, then it can have a permanant place on the info section.

Lets not start another little forum battle of wills as there have been enough of them this season....shoot me down if you so choose it wont bother me one iota, or discuss on FB.

Angx

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Re Angiem

Another Arillas old head failing to realise that anybody new to the site might not know how to find things as easily as the members who seem to have been here years ...... My post is all about making things easy for everyone old and new not as a means to keep bored people entertained

Just the contrary , Mike. Whenever I go onto a website with which I am unfamiliar, I always use their 'search' facility until I find my way around.

By the way, 'Arillas old head' - certainly,
                 'Clique' - No.

Calm down man.
Have you been on the 'pop' all afternoon, or what?

Angie

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2011, 08:04:23 PM »
Thank you for your acolade Mike :-)

Booking.com