Author Topic: Some helpful info for those that need a cashpoint etc  (Read 46569 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Some helpful info for those that need a cashpoint etc
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 09:18:09 PM »
All Greek to me :-)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »
LOL Jo me too ;-)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2011, 10:01:49 PM »
The other week I learnt something very important, about the forum that I will always remember. When you read a post, read it a few times before you reply to it. I really misunderstood a post by Lou, and after exchanging messages with her I could see what she meant, but on the first reading I thought it was a negative comment about Arillas tourists. I was wrong

Its the same here, it doen't matter a toss what heading it comes under because it could go under transport and it could go under ATM etc.

I agree with Ang about searching but I also know that a search doesn't always find the correct topic even though you know it is hidden somewhere on the forum.

How about an additional section called "Ask a question", because one thing that can be guaranteed on here is that one of the "clique" (which there isn't one) or an old head (which there are a few) will soon post answers. When I first joined, the help was amazing and it still is. Forum members love to help other people and especially new members.

Lastly, we should not take this forum for granted. Dimitris started it, pays for it, manages it on his own, and is one of the most diplomatic people I have ever met. He can't please everyone, but he keeps the majority of people very very happy, and he must despair sometimes and wonder if its all worth it.

But he does and I have one thing to ask him "Do you have any mint sauce?" :-)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
LOL Terry mint sauce now that is somthing i have never thought of asking for as the meals are very tasty as they come :-)
As for Dimitris he does an absolutly fantastic job with the forum as well as his other day to day chores , i hope no one has complained about the cats this year to get a reduction in their bill but i suppose you always get one ;-)
Cant wait to get there now :-)
Tony

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2011, 11:03:59 PM »
I agree Terry some people jumped down another members throat because he was trying to help people new to the website without understanding what he was saying There was no new bus when i was last in Arillas so i would not search for something i knew nothing about. Also i would  not search under taxi and bus transfers unless i needed to get from the airport.I think if this bus did take off it would open Arillas up to more tourists. This is why i could not understand why Dimitris moved the topic without a link.
When a group of members gang up on another member it does look like a clique as i have seen on here many times before.
Barry

Offline pdkirk

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »
My husband and I were in arillas last month, if the bus was up and running then, we didn't notice it, we have been coming to arillis since 1994 and have been looking on this website for years. I only spotted this topic by chance and would only of looked on the taxi and bus transfer if I wanted transport to or from the airport, so the subject was a bit misleading.

Offline coys

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 12:00:13 AM »
Thats what i have been saying but people on here for some reason do not want it to be general knowledge.
You were lucky to see it on Arillas general info before it was moved.
Barry.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 12:29:02 AM »
This forum is not a clique. That is a closed group which is difficult to penetrate, and we welcome anyone who wants to join in. The entrance fee is wantng to know about Arillas. Like all groups we get disagreements, but in the main the philosophy is one of respect, help and welcome. Well, that's the forum that I identify with.

It does have many people who have met each other, spent quality time together and renew that friendship in the only way possible for maybe two or three years at a time. So we sound familiar to each other because Arillas and this forum has brought us together. For me that is the priceless bonus that I have been given by being a member of it. Dozens of true friends and the list gets longer every year.

Dimitris owns and runs this site, and I respect any decision he makes about it, whether I agree or not. The bus service is a wonderful development for the North West. Let's just get back on track and celebrate it, use it and embed it into the Arillas offer.

Rant over
Phil

ceefacts

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »
Well I never , when I started this post this morning I never thought so many gripes would be aired about it ..... I can understand all sides to this , but still stand by my view that the timetable for the local bus should be on the main page in general info , not under a subheading for something different or atleast have an heading of its own so theres no confusion ...... I posted this to help everyone ..... if you have a problem with it tough , changes have to happen in the resort for it to survive .... especially as the people posting wont live forever , and its our chance now to start getting new blood into the resort. Thanks to both Coys and PDKirk for understanding what I'm trying to do , and Thanks to Terry for some very wise words ..... 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 12:44:51 AM »
Mike, I don't have a problem with it. My view was quoted in a post by Barry (coys.) I understand what you mean and agree that the more prominence it gets the better. But it is getting lost here, my own fault included. Sorry if I offended you.

Phil

ceefacts

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 12:48:05 AM »
I was writing that as you were posting yours Phil , i didnt see it until after i had finished typing so no offence taken .

Offline coys

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 01:06:34 AM »
Phil. I said it looks like a clique when a group of members gang up on another member you must have seen it the same as i have.
As you say the bus service is a wonderful development but people need to know about it that is why this post was started it just needs to be where we can all find it not hidden away.
Barry.

Offline AvliotesLesley

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 01:10:37 AM »
I am also new to site but oringally posted about the new bus as I had heard from a friend who promotes tourism to Arillas, hence my original post.  I was not sure (as I am a member of other forums) re advertsing limitations etc and as this is a private venture was unsure who to promote it this site to be a benefit for regular guests and local vendors,suppliers alike.  However I must thank everyone who has embraced the idea so far on behalf of my colleague who has invested in the idea and financially started this service based on guests feeeback. I am not sure what subject matter it is best suited, as I said before I am new to site, however it is a private venture to support/promote/open NW Corfu and as long as it is supported then it can be continued.  For timetables and links then you can p.m as again not sure of the advertising limitations.  However I was chuffed today to see it advertised as well on other local sites which can only be good for everyone at the end of the day.  

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 01:16:27 AM »
Hear, hear!  Well said

Janis x

Offline coys

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 01:28:09 AM »
I think as you can see by the amount of views on this topic a lot of interest has been genarated by this new venture. As you can see by my posts i am all for this new service which will be good for Arillas so we should all support it.
Good luck to your colleague.
Barry.  

Booking.com