Author Topic: Athina Apartments and studios  (Read 3361 times)

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Athina Apartments and studios
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:49:38 PM »
We've just returned from a week in Arillas, we book independently and we've stayed in Arillas ten times in the last eight years. This was the first time we stayed at Athina Apartments and I have to say that I was wholeheartedly impressed by the standard of the accomodation.

We had a two bedroomed apartment for two adults and three children, there were all the usual furnishings (fridges and kettles etc.) that you would expect of Greek self catering with the addition of an amazingly powerful shower, two air conditioning units for which there was no extra charge (very unusual in self catering), a tv and dvd player, a sandwich toaster, a hairdryer, an oven and hob and a coffee percolator. In addition there were mosquito plug ins provided in every room. A cot was also provided free of charge on request. there were several books and dvd's provided at the accommodation also.

The accomodation was fresh and clean and well decorated, it has sea views from the front, it had it's own generator which kept the aircon going when there were powercuts and generally had a very spacious and airy feel to it. It was located behind the Athina Bakery and was only around 50m from the supermarket which George (previously from the creperie on the seafront) has now taken over running and a short walk from the beach and restaurants.

Marietta and George were both very helpful, gracious hosts and the accomodation was very reasonably priced, especially for high season, we would definitely reccomend it to families struggling to find accomodation with four or more travelling.

The only downside was the lack of a pool but with so many others nearby and the beach within a couple of minutes walking distance this hardly seemed to be an issue.
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Athina Apartments and studios
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 03:16:03 PM »
These apts sound fantastic Graham and it sounds like you had a fab time. I am sure there will be lots of people making enquiries x

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
Lovely recommendation Graham, just whats needed to promote all of the accomodation available and so many extra's in the appartment.
Ang

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »
And on the front of them you have some of the most heavenly, delicious cakes on earth. And ice cream, and Mythos and other drinks. Have spent many a "happy hour" in there on our trudge down the hill. Thanks for your report Graham - that's another good one I've heard from people who have stayed there. (No bad ones to date...)

Phil

Booking.com