Author Topic: Holiday Reading 2011!  (Read 44039 times)

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Holiday Reading 2011!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

Used my Kindle three times in Arillas since I bought it, once last year and twice this year, as Suzanne says it is brilliant.
I now have well over seventy books on it and have paid for about half of them, the rest were free down loads. Also the free ones are not rubbish most of them are very readable and a lot of them are the classics because their copyright has expired.
Every type of book is included from childrens to DIY. Another good thing is if you can get WI-FI were you're staying you can access the internet, great for keeping up with the forum or e-mails!

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »
You got the 3G version Val?

Both Jan and myself have the ordinary Kindle. We love them and saved so much weight in our luggage this year. Fortunately we both have the same taste in books so I just buy them once and download to both Kindles. Jan currently reading the Rebus series and I'm into Jack Reacher (Lee Childs). Also picking up now and again Michael Palin's tome about Nepal etc.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 01:08:35 AM »
Hello all,
As many others say Kindles are amazing....and I was a sceptic as am one of those who could not imagine reading a book without dogearing to mark a page!
Battery charge lasts ages full charge lasts me about 6 books dependent on size.
Vainbill I too love Neville Shute have just read Town like Alice, first read at 18....over 30yrs ago and lovely to read it again wonderful read. I have found as my eyes get....weaker...Kindle makes reading much easier no need to read with outstretched arms as you can adjust size of print...I am such a convert as am a bit of a luddite really but this has changed my reading life, would also agree that books are so much cheaper, spotted a book I fancied in a real book shop today...was £9.99...came home downloaded it onto my kindle...£2.99!
Cannot reccomend it highy enough. xx

Offline june

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »
I've loved the positive reports for Kindle. For me holiday reading is the best. No guilt about should I be doing other things, just lie on my sunbed and as one book is finished pick up another.
It's my birthday next month guess what I'll be asking for.

June

Offline suzanne simcox

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Go for it June, you won't regret it, really good ;-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 12:48:36 PM »
Pete went out and bought me one, took some getting used to but I love it now. I was already in the middle of a book so I am determind to finish that first even though I have some books down loaded for once Ive finished it. lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 11:21:03 PM »
Well. I have just finished Eleni by Nick Gage. Truly heart-rending but glad I read it. Thanks Karen (Knarvell) for the recommendation!

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 11:19:13 AM »
Jo im on the last book of a trilogy by E L James, they are available on kindle if you have one paperback as paperback price is almost £20.

They are not for the faint hearted and are very raunchy but for some reason Ive been captivated by them, they are a female readers book for sure.....1st one is Fifty Shades of Grey.
Angx

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
well now
the only reading i like whilst on holiday in arillas is ,,thallasa menu ,atki menu.brouklis menu ,effi,s menu ,gratziellas menu,and many more ,,now thats reading ,,,,yammas

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »

Kev, have to admit to just loving your kind of reading too.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »
Just making my way through Black Olives and Blue Skies by the newsreader John Humphries and his son.  Really really good!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »
The Beano's good for me !  He He !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Steve & Carole

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
The best read is The Arillas Guide.... trying to decide where to stay next time!

Offline momo

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 01:12:02 AM »
Just making my way through Black Olives and Blue Skies by the newsreader John Humphries and his son.  Really really good!

Read that too Jo and really enjoyed it. Gives you a whole new perspective on John Humphries, and describes Greece so well. Have you tried  the novel "The Messenger of Athens" by Anna Zouroudi? It's very good. Yammas, Mo

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »
I'm the same as Kev, people to see, places to go, views to view. I can read at home, but there are so many things I can do in Arillas that I can't do at home. I can't even stay on a sun lounger for long.

Booking.com