Author Topic: First holiday with the wee man  (Read 3725 times)

Offline paulaileen

First holiday with the wee man
« on: August 14, 2005, 09:17:39 PM »
Hi all,

We are thinking to go to Arillas next June with our by then 15 month old son. It will have to be a package holiday as we live in Scotland!  We like the sound of Annas studios after looking at the reviews on holidays uncovered.Can anyone tell us if this is a good place for young children and have other useful information/other accomodation for young children?  

Hope everyone had a good/will have a good holiday here.

Paul, Aileen and Euan

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re-First holiday with the wee man!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 11:20:18 AM »
Hello Paul Aileen and wee Euan,

I'm sure you will be excited already at the thought of your first holiday as a family. :D   Arillas is ideal for families, especially youngsters.  The beach lives up to it's Blue Flag status and is excellant for the wee boy, with water sports available for mum and dad.  For an alternative day you can hire a motorboat with driver who will take you on a tour around the bays.

A day away from the beach (not far though as it faces it!) is the Mirage, take a look at their website here  http://www.mirage-arillas.com/  It has a large pool, a childrens play area with swings etc, a pool table for the older ones, bar and restaurant.

We have stayed in Annas Studios and the studios are very spacious and clean.  Anna, Costas and family will make you most welcome.  You will find many posts acclaiming the studios if you look back on the forum pages.  One little thing I feel needs taking into consideration and is only fair to point out, is that the studios are up a steepish incline.  Not too bad in the cool of the evening, but in the heat of the day it will be a different story when pushing a buggy and all your beach paraphernalia!

Our grandson is 2 and a half years old and he loves it in Arillas, we have not long returned.  Everyone is so tolerant and kind with children.  

If you don't want to walk far but would like a change of scenery take a walk along the headland to San Stephanos where there is a lovely sandy beach too.  I can tell you from experience that the path from Arillas beach to the headland is steep, but we are a good bit older than you and we managed pushing a buggy. :lol:

'hope this helps and please ask if there is anything else we can help you with.

Eileenx

Offline paulaileen

Re-First holiday with the wee man!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 12:14:28 AM »
:lol:
Hi Eileen

Thanks for that.  The information was very useful...The Mirage looks very nice!

As Anna's is up a steep hill, although we don't mind that too much (?!), is there anywhere else you recommend?

Had a look at your website which has lots of good info.  Good luck with your house.

We can't wait to take Euan on holiday as he loves swimming and the beach sounds lovely.

Bye for now

Aileen, Paul and Euan

P.S Paul wonders how much a draught Mythos is??

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
First holiday with the wee man
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 01:11:50 AM »
Hi Aileen,

We usually stay at the Mathraki Studios lower down the hill, they are not as new and spacious like Annas, but the family are just as welcoming.  

If you feel that you would like to look at an alternative then there are quite a few places to choose from to stay in Arillas, I would suggest looking at the tour ops websites and posting further messages on the forum.

Another alternative is flight only and booking the accomodation yourself.  There are plenty of places to stay listed on Arillas.com.  Also The Galini www.galini-hotel.com have recently split from their tour operator and now you can book direct.  Their prices are very reasonable (i.e a studio June 2005 was €25 per night)and I would definitely consider them if I manage back later this year.

Check out the price of flights at www.xl.com remember to type GREECE in the special offers box for a further discount!  As Euan is under 2yrs old he will travel free. :D

A taxi one-way is approx €40-45.

I don't know how DIY compares with your package, sometimes it can work in your favour depending on the time of year.

I'm sure the draught Mythos is €2...that leaves plenty for you. :wink:

Eileenx

Booking.com