Author Topic: Expansion of nudist beach  (Read 61699 times)

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
Re: Expansion of nudist beach
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »
I think it peoples own choice if they go nude but not every parent wants their children to be exposed to naked bodies. My daughter is 13 and i would not pleased if we went to the beach and she had to see naked men.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
It's all about respect and consideration, I think.  Nude sunbathing is not for me but each to their own as long as it causes no offence.  To be honest, travelling with teenagers, I also find the topless sunbathing round the pool a bit much sometimes, I'm not a prude but you don't know where to look at times.  A place for everything and everything in it's place!
Cheryl O

Offline Atalanta

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 06:16:25 PM »
Women who bathe topless IN the pool show disrespect for other guests.

At least the nudist beach is known as such and people who want to strip off and be "watched" can do so without offending anyone else.

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 06:41:05 PM »
Around the pool the lowest I go is a vest and shorts, Nic sticks to the full bikini.
On the beach I'm not only a naked sunbather but a naked snorkeller too! I tend to feel there is much more privacy naked on the beach where your nearest neighbour may be 30-50 yards away, than there is clothed at the pool where others are 4-6 feet away.
I think if anybody is going to the nudist beach to "be watched" they need a little help!

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »
Seems like this topic has stirred peoples` feelings!
  Let me say from the start, I totally agree there is no need for people to encroach on the main part of the beach, if they strip off.  There is plenty of room at the north end.
 As for all the people we have met on the north end, I really think that they do so for the enjoyment they get from being nude and certainly do not go there to be `watched`.
  Some might find that remark offensive!!

As has been said, many wander along to have a walk, and we have no, problem with that but sometimes you see the same faces wandering back and forth all day. To them I say, get a life.
 Maybe you should give it a try before offering an opinion.
It's all about respect and consideration, I think.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 10:59:19 PM »
I think Paul has said it all and I like his suggestion that more enlightened opinions might be offered if folk tried sun & sea bathing as nature intended.
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Atalanta

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 11:32:18 PM »
Would someone like to compile a guide on "Naturist Beach Etiquette"

There seems to be a feeling that the North End of the beach is for the sole use of naturists and other users are there to admire the view.

Any person who takes their clothes off on any part of the beach and thinks that no-one is watching has to be very naive.

What I find disingenuous is the desire to respect the "locals" attitudes towards the practise but to deride anyone else's objections and to suggest that they need enlightening!

Live and let live ....Get a life ......

Why would it be necessary to try before offering an opinion?

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 11:55:56 PM »
Oh Im hoping the tide comes back in!! or we will all be getting on that Bus ride again
Ang

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 01:14:09 AM »
Paul don't think we need to try it before we can offer an opinion and as for get a life a lot of people do like to walk from one end of the beach to the other, that is something they enjoy. 

We have all said each to their own but there is a time and a place.  I personally dont enjoy sitting on the beach when there are naked bodies all around thats why I dont go to the North end of the beach and thats my choice.

Think everyone wants to live and let live, appreciate there are places where certain things are more acceptable than others and take other peoples feelings into consideration.  If I was on the beach and a naturist came onto the main beach I would have to say something would not want Calum or my other grandchildren put into a position where they are embarassed and if they had gone onto the main beach naked it was obviously to be watched.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »
Oh Im hoping the tide comes back in!! or we will all be getting on that Bus ride again
Ang

I was thinking that myself Ang, a drop of cold sea water does tend to dampen things down :-)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »
Terry love it.

Don't think this topic will have the reaction of the others as no one is arguing that I can see.

Think its brill that there is the nudist north beach for people who enjoy that kind of thing

Jill x
Jill XXX

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »
This was rather hurried but I hope it brings a few smiles. You need the volume turned up a bit

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 01:10:57 PM »
Nice one, Terry.  We really need a 'Like' button on the forum.  Mind you we'd be pressing it all the time for your contributions!
Regards
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 01:53:06 PM »
Eeeh I wish I was there now topping up my tan..

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 03:53:56 PM »
Seems like this topic has stirred peoples` feelings!
  Let me say from the start, I totally agree there is no need for people to encroach on the main part of the beach, if they strip off.  There is plenty of room at the north end.
 I am agreeing with you all here - perhaps some have forgotten.

And as for being naive about being watched, then, yes, people do look - we wouldn`t be human otherwise. But to go there to BE watched..... don`t think so.

As has been said, many wander along to have a walk, and we have no, problem with that - so I do not believe the north end is only for naturists.

Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com