Author Topic: Expansion of nudist beach  (Read 61705 times)

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Expansion of nudist beach
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »
My feeling is that those wearing clothes have the right to be anywhere, whilst those not wearing anything are bending the rules "baring" in mind that there are no legal nudist beaches in corfu.
Regarding being watched, the only time I've ever felt uncomfortable on the beach was when my wife left me alone for a half hour and a naked chap came over to talk to me. I wasn't sure whether he fancied me or was just being friendly but I remember I kept saying "my missus will be back in a minute.....".

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »
ha ha ha John love it lol.
Jill XXX

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 08:53:56 PM »
Terry - LOVDED IT
John - I needed a belly larf and your post provided just that.
Ang - ITS FRRIDAY YEAHHHH

Offline Atalanta

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 11:38:43 AM »
John - Thanks for sharing your "uncomfortable" moment :-) I'm sure it was a very long half hour waiting for Nic to come back!

It did make me laugh and I was glad that at least one person of the male gender appreciates what it can be like to feel a hint of unwelcome attention.

I wish we lived in an ideal world were everyone's motives were transparent but sometimes we do get caught out.

There was one time in Fuerteventura  when a German gentleman was sunbathing nude and was constantly in need of "re-adjustment". My husband went over and had a friendly word which I think was "Nein" if I remember rightly. He went for a nice dip in the sea and came back refreshed.

Nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the beach. And YES I have been skinny dipping - but not by the Kaloudis steps at 10 o'clock in the morning as the tour bus rolls in :-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 11:45:26 AM »
Hahaa, OK if we are being fully honest the first day I went on a nudist beach as I have already said was on a tiny beach in England and yes although it changed me life, I was uncomforable when a young man came acoss to ask me the time, there I was sat there naked with him stood in front of me, trying to concerntrate on my watch. I wont ever forget it because he must have known and just said "well my dear you are now iniated" Pete laughed out loud. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2011, 07:20:50 PM »
Viv

I only have 2 memories of the North Beach.

1. When I asked someone:-
"Can I take a picture of you in the nude"
"I would prefer it if you keep your clothes on" she said.

2. When I asked someone:-
"Have you got the time?"
"If you have the money" - she said.

"I've only got a euro" says I
"I've got change" says she

The above means nothing, except if it makes you smile, then it means a lot!

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
lmao Neill. Cheaper than Mythos and change as well. Wouldn't suit me - that bit is sorted - these days I prefer the Mythos, but everybody knows that already. "Mythos, please?" Just ask Thomas at Graziella.

Can't wait to be back in Octomber.....

Phil

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »
Roll on Octomber Phil
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 08:07:32 PM »
Thank you PJ for seeing that it wasn't a typo. Hoping that you and Julia have as special a time as Jen and I did in Arillas this July. Thinking of yous both. Kaloudis I bet. Give Billy and Billy our apologies that we didn't have time to get there in July. Will see them soon.

Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 08:09:02 PM »
Eggy, your quipps always make me smile.

A smile is a curved line that straighens every thing out.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
Yes Viv, we need all the smiles we can get.
Phil - thanks for the good wishes - we've just finished packing our bags ready for the off to Robin Hood Airport.  We'll remember you both to the two Billys and tell them to expect you in Octomber.
Regards
PJ

Offline Anne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2011, 11:50:42 PM »
Eggy - your ickle jokes made me smile - thanks xxxxxxx

Viv - A smile is a curved line that straighens every thing out. - just love that saying - must remember it xx
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline ianh

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »
my wife and I were in arrilas the first week of june this year,the first few days we were the only people on the north beach ,this was due to high tides and a fair wade to get to the nude part,on the last two days a lot of germans arrived and they were all nude from the bottom of the steps,so it looks like they dont like getting wet and dont seem to worry about upsetting anyone else we also tried the south beach that was empy aswell. as someone once said stay nude it aint rude [,but only on the nude beach]hope to be back 4 june next year

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
Glad you and your wife, Ian, enjoyed the delights of both the north & south beaches.
In September there was very little wading, if any, needed and the north beach was quite broad.  Almost everyone waited until they reached the little headland before completely disrobing so we witnessed no embarrasing incidents.
Good wishes for next June, sadly Julia and I will have to wait for our regular September fortnight.
All the best
PJ

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
Just read through this thread again - some interesting opinions were given. Mostly I agreed with them.
 It just makes me wonder how the naked human body can invoke so many emotions, be they positive or negative. Dare I say it, mostly negative.
 Made me smile where people gave opinions as to whether they`d feel comfortable on north beach in front of strangers or friends.  In front of friends seemed to be a no-no.  But over the years, aren`t these strangers now friends? And also, being nude with their offspring seems a bit of an issue. Embarrassment the cause of any discomfort. But if nudity itself is made into an issue, then won`t it always be an embarrassment?

The thread is about the expansion of the nudist beach and I agree, we must respect its boundaries - there is room for all.

Yammas,  Paul

Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com