Author Topic: Wifi at Kaloudis Village Apartments.  (Read 6390 times)

Offline Cornerhouse

Wifi at Kaloudis Village Apartments.
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:34:03 AM »
Hello, we are new to the site.  We are coming to Arillas on holiday in 3 weeks time.  I have read that there is Wifi available at the Kaloudis.  Is it available in all areas and what is the charge if any?  Also, and advice about what to bring in the way of creature comforts would be good.  We've never been to Corfu before and this holiday is a last second thing.

Offline JC

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Wifi at Kaloudis Village Apartments.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
Hi Cornerhouse
Are you in for a treat ?  I spent three weeks in Arillas in August -as I have done every year for the past 12 years.
I don't know about Kaloudis Village and wi-fi but you can pick up Wi-fi at the Marina Hotel, the Horizon Hotel, Bardis Sun, Dimitri's and probably lots more places, mostly free if you buy a drink. There is also access at Mirage and the Coconut Bar on their pc's but you have to pay 2 euros for 16 minutes, I think.
Creature Comforts ?  A jacket or cardigan for the evenings so late in the season, otherwise swimwear, shorts, T-shirts, flip-flops etc.  Nowhere is very smart.
I don't know about the mossies in October but in August they were hardly to be seen.  Just as well to have a plug-in in your room at night, however, and to 'deet' up before you go out at night.  You can get all that stuff at either of the supermarkets.  I always take my own coffee and breakfast cereal because the coffee is not to my taste, and the cereals are very expensive.  I also don't like any of the Greek crackers (all a bit sweet) so I always take a packet of ryvita.
Otherwise ?  Nothing I can think of.  It is a very relaxed place, you'll meet lovely people - everyone has a permanent smile on their face - and eat scrumptious food from a big choice of tavernas.  have a great time !  JC

Nan

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
Wi-fi can be sorted out with a password for each place that supplies this usually free of charge. It is usual to buy a coffee or a drink when using the wi-fi with your own computer. Ask George at the Kaloudis he will see that you are connected. Akis at the Mathraki studios will also help if you have any trouble getting "on the flaming thing!"

Kaloudis are very well equipped studios. Only thing I can think of is bring your own hairdyer if you need a groomed look...:-) otherwise the most basic of supplies needs to be purchased BOG ROLLS!!!  they will supply ONE the rest is down to you.

Shops are good the one in Kaloudis Village being very handy. Saves carrying the water very far too! I like to shop in Alex's and Ina's and Vasilly's just to share it about a bit. Haven't had the opportunity to visit the one opposite Mathraki yet but will pop in next week and let you know what's going on there. Kostas at the top of the hill by the Christos is lovely too.

If you think of anything specific please ask and someone will help. You will enjoy yourselves and be hooked like the rest of us.

Cheers Nan xx

Offline Cornerhouse

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »
Thanks for the helpful info.  We are really looking forward to this holiday.  We need a break away from the daily grind and Arillas looks to be the perfect choice.  Keep the info coming!  Off to go sit on my suitcase again.

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 03:58:45 PM »
My Son and his family stayed at Kaloudis in August and they loved every minute of their stay. It was there first visit to Arillas and they now have severe Arillasitis, so be prepared to get the bug :-)

With WiFi, they couldn't get a signal at Kaloudis but they were able to use wireless at Thalassa and the Horizon. You need to be quite close to reception at the Horizon to get a decent signal. Brouklis is probably the best place. I think Nikos will have WiFi at Akrotiri for next year.

You will have a fantastic time Cornerhouse, and please take as many photos and videos as possible to post on the forum when you get back. Also try to visit the brewery - hic.....

Offline Cornerhouse

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 04:00:34 PM »
A visit to the brewery is certainly on the list.  My other half is a real-ale fanatic and has been anticipating the trip since he found out about it. 

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »
As far as I know (having been to Kaloudis for the past 4 years) there is no wifi there, but there is internet access via the PCs in the bar (for a charge).
As the others have said, there are several places around Arillas with free wifi - Amos is the nearest, a very short walk from Kaloudis and it's a very nice place to sit and have a drink.
Enjoy your stay!

Offline Cornerhouse

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 10:36:47 PM »
Thank you for that info.  We got the info about the Wifi from the accommodation description when booking with Thompsons.  I thinks a small netbook might bebetter than dragging a 10 stone aged laptop with me then :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 02:33:09 AM »
Use the forum Cornerhouse. Someone here will know the answer, and take great pride in helping you as best they can.

We use wifi all over the village these days with our laptop. Taking a light netbook is such a good idea though - our machine is huge.

Someone besotted with English, CAMRA real ale will have to get used to the nearest approach to it that our very own brewery can produce. The climate and the water make it next to impossible to produce a commercially viable product in Corfu. But many love the Royal Ionian version, available at the Akti and more and more establishments. I guess that the brew will get nearer and nearer as the years go by and new things are tried. I adore the efforts that the Arillas based brewery are making to bring a new taste to Corfu. Jen supports them all the way - even for breakfast. (Brown bread...) Moi? I still adore Mythos.

Phil

Offline jules

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »
The Kaloudis is fab - going back next week for our 6th year, you will have a fantastic time!!  With regard to wifi - I have never had a problem getting a signal for either my iPad or phone - I always end up doing my emails from the sun bed and never had a problem yet, so hopefully you will be ok.  Arillas is one of the few places that doesn't change and that's whats so brilliant about it. Xx
Many thanks,

Jules

Booking.com