Author Topic: go privately or with package co.  (Read 8349 times)

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
go privately or with package co.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 02:21:06 PM »
Paul - are you off out again?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Package or independant
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 01:10:08 PM »
Hi everyone

We have found that, as a family of 5, it works out much cheaper to book independently. There is not really that many package deals that will cater for us anyway so we dont really have many options.  We tend to always use Travel Republic, which always works out cheaper than even the direct airline websites such as excell.  Also, travel republic lets you pay a deposit then the rest nearer the holiday, which really helps us budget.  I find that booking around March gives me the best price for flights and we always go July/Aug. We usually pay around £1100 for all flights including meals and then a further £3-400 pound for accom. When i talk to friends who have the same amount of children, they have usually paid much more than that.  Hope this helps. I would definitely think, though, that if there are just two of you, package would work out cheaper as long as you can guarantee Arillas.

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 03:29:32 PM »
Thanks Jo there are 4 of us so will give Travel Republic a try.

Gaye
gaygo

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 01:33:28 AM »
Hi Aly
   Missed your question earlier, the answer is most definate ,it might be just me as Deb has got something booked with the girls already at half term, but it could be the week before, depending on flights etc.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 01:42:28 AM »
Hi Jo
    We are a family of 5 as well and I'll look at your Travel Republic, thanks, we use an independant guy always as we have never been let down on anything, and this year I found flights for 1275 but our man did it for 1190 and that was for 3 weeks and we normally book it just a few weeks before.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com