Author Topic: Beach clean up  (Read 48425 times)

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Beach clean up
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
turkeyfoot
im sure the community will pull together ,,remember to fill your tourist quetionaire and air your views ,,yammas

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 12:50:10 AM »
well it's still my intention to spend an hour with a bin bag and collecting up as many cans and water bottles I find at the south end as thats where I like to take a walk and plodge.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 01:23:37 AM »
I will be as well Gary, but at the other end. I always do a bit, but this time I will make point of it. If just a few do it will make a difference.

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 01:41:22 AM »

If everyone took just a carrier bag of rubbish with them when they left the beach and then put it in a bin, we would have cleaned most of the small stuff left on the beach each day.
The larger stuff ie... brollies airbeds straw mats ect. should be carried to the road and left near the bins as Patrick suggests.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »
gary youll do anything to have a perv up the nudist end ,,lol.maybe we can stroll hand in hand thatll turn a few heads..lol...........yammas

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 01:38:56 AM »
Thats why I plodge, so I don't fall into any baskers. :-) I'm usually armed with a snorkle too, incase the beach is too narrow and the water too deep. Never mind turning heads Kev, might turn the odd stomach too, Me old body aint the temple it once was, except maybe a ruined on in the Amazon jungle. Yammas!

Offline Debs1962Wales

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 01:57:25 PM »
Wish people would take responsibility for their own litter i never leave anything behind ..bag it and take it its not rocket science laziness is all it is :-( x

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 04:08:20 PM »
Guess its a problem everywhere these days, but if everybody does their bit while in Arillas it will make it better. If everyone on the forum just picked up two bits of litter everytime they were on the beach it would make a difference.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
We have a similar (if less-glamerous) problem at our local nature reserve where we take our (stoopid) dog. We are all for teenagers having somewhere to camp, chill etc but just take your shite home!! Mick actually takes a bin bag down to bring home but always exactly same the next eve!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 03:05:26 PM »
Could not get to North Beach in May,so dont know how bad it was,infact at one point the whole of north beach was under water (just one day).
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Sneezewort

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
A big up then to all who've been involved in cleaning up the North beach as last week it was spotless. Didnt see a single bottle, nothing. Cant remember the last time I saw such a tidy beach. I think it helps that Arillas does'nt attract the Brits-on-the-piss crowd, a major dealbreaker for us.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
There was a Northern chap called Clive (stayed in Armourada) who tidied up the length of beach every morning while I was there. Good for him and he is a really lovely chap :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 10:14:46 PM »

Turkeyfoot and Clive did a lot of the clean up last year along with many forum members who did their bit. It seems to have had an effect and the beach was tidier, and although the same people have worked very hard this summer too I think more people have taken their own litter to the bins.

So once again thank you all for keeping the beach tidy, just take a bag and take your rubbish and any bits you see on the beach to the bins.
If we all do this we will......... KEEP ARILLAS TIDY :)

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »
Thanks to everybody who pledged their support on this issue and put words into action.

Having just returned from two glorious weeks in the sunshine (apart from the last day) I gave the beach 9/10 for cleanliness.

When I first went there in 2010 and 2011 it scored 0/10

On the first day I went armed with a bundle black sacks, donated by the Armourada, to find I only needed to use one.
In the whole two weeks I only used 4 sacks.The rubbish was mainly broken brollies and mats etc with the odd abandoned lilo. A fantastic improvement, so thanks again to all those who have helped throughout the season.
To think in 2011 myself and Clive cleared 25 sacks.

Lets all keep up the good work for next year and make the beach a pleasure to visit
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 09:13:44 AM »
geoff
1 sack is good news indeed,,and thanx to amourada,for there help as always ,lets hope waste keeps to a minimum and the beach keeps as lovely as ever ,yammas,x

Booking.com