Author Topic: Beach clean up  (Read 48425 times)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
Re: Beach clean up
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 12:50:52 PM »
I was very impressed by the beach cleanliness this year and enjoyed chatting to Geoff (by the way many thanks for letting us have your Daily Mail each day - another example of recycling).
There was virtually no rubbish to contend with at all - so hats off to all concerned!
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
The beach was a joy this year and hopefully even better in 2013. Cant wait to sample it on the 24th June. The countdown begins. :-)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
I only managed one proper day on the beach in July, and went "south" but was impressed by the cleanliness and ease of access. A lot of work has gone into it. (Nothing wrong with the beach, our July in Arillas has become a gigantic social event, and we are looking forward to more of the same in 2013. It's already brewing....)

But we will be "all alone and abandoned in Arillas" to quote Dimitri, in a few weeks time, and I promise to post pics of how the beach is then, from North to South. 

I think it was wonderful this year. A new shape, but so what? How many acres of sand does one need? I much prefer Arillas beach to our neighbouring ones at Ag. George and San Stef.

Phil

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 03:07:50 AM »
I feel a bit embarrassed about asking this but....  Is the South beach to the left, as you look at the beach?  Really should know this after 4 years of visiting Arillas but my spatial awareness is not great!

If left is "South," then have to say that after several days of visiting, we were really impressed with the cleanliness in July/August!  No rubbish on the beach - just an umbrella left for other people to use!

Would love to visit in October during school hols but Daughter's wedding has left us pretty much broke! 

Val xx

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
val ..
sth beach is towards ina,s and bardis ,,and the the dingly dangly nth beach is towards effi,s and kaloudis village ,,,yammas

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »
We only used the beach on our very last day with having a scooter for the full two weeks but i did notice it was really clean and tidy - well done to everyone concerned xx
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »
Haha Kev dingly dangly!! By all accounts both sides are awash with the same sights haha

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2012, 10:30:49 PM »
We are becoming south beach Adicts
little more room there and just to let you know Jo that's where we did THE SWIM.......oh yes refreshing

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2012, 02:28:17 AM »
Must admit haven't walked the entire way but would have thought that end was a little 'exposed'.... God that sounded terrible! Haha

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »
:0) should re name it Stubby Point  ;-)
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
Thanks Kev - I've got my bearings now!

Oh yes Jo - lots of "Dingly Dangly" up on the South Beach! (As I now know it to be!)  The most amazing sight for me was not the nudity but a lady swimming along with goggles and swimming cap on ;-) Looked perfectly "normal" until she rose up out of the waves, with nothing on!  I think there's a word to describe this but can't quite find it in my brain!

Valxx

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »
Hi everybody
We are visiting again in September and hope the  standard of beach cleanliness has been maintained this year.
Any feedback on this issue for this year?
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »
No major problems, beach smaller this year so less to maintain, but the main bin at beginning of pier was overflowing with rubbish each morning. A bit unsightly and smelly. Small gripe, but its a focal point that has had money spent on it in the last couple of years.

G&C

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2013, 08:51:49 PM »
Hi
The main beach  always seems  clean. It is the naturist end (to the right of the main beach) I refer to  which has tended to get a bit untidy with abandoned lilos, brollies and mats etc,  together with food and drink in the past.
wrappings and containers
Thanks
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2013, 11:31:52 PM »
Not really any abandoned brollies and lilos yet at that end, partly because it has been so difficult to get to this season. Some people did a big tidy up a few weeks ago and Dimitris came on a boat and removed about 10 big plastic sacks of rubbish that had been collected.....so it's all looking good.
Sandy x

Booking.com