Author Topic: Beach clean up  (Read 48484 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Beach clean up
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »
The north end of the beach was, I am sorry to say, not very clean and tidy. See previous reports on this issue.
The first week I cleared some 10 sacks of rubbish consisting of rotting beach mats, broken brollies, deflated lilos, food and drink containers together with soiled nappies.
In all I cleared a total of 14 sacks in two weeks.

I have expressed my views on this many times, and at the risk of sounding boring why do people just leave there rubbish behind?
They may think they are doing someone a favour by leaving their beach mats, brollies and lilos on the beach at the end of the holiday, but eventually  when they fall into a state of disrepair they just get abandoned.
There is no absolutely excuse  for food containers, drink cans, beer bottles and soiled nappies to be left behind
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »
You are quite right.

No excuses at all. Take everything back with you, that you came with, and leave it looking good for the next "user" to enjoy.

And if "boring" is the only way to get the message over then, please be as "boring" as you like.

Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »
Hear! hear! to you both. I have never understood the mentality of leaving a place you have enjoyed in a mess. It takes no effort at all to take away whatever you brought with you.  It shouldn't fall to a few to clear up other people's mess.

Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2013, 05:23:20 PM »
Having witnessed Geoff working like a Trojan, clearing up other peoples` detritus, I can only say a big thank you.  You must have walked `miles` up and down. A great effort -thanks.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2014, 02:09:28 PM »
Totally unacceptable and bang out of order. well done for the clean up. let's hope it is better at the end of this season!
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2014, 10:57:22 PM »
Hi
I am back in September so hopefully all will be clean and tidy.
Early one morning last year I found a bikini laying in the sand, seemingly abandoned. There was nobody in sight, myself and partner were the only ones apparently on the beach, so I picked it up and added it to my rubbish sack. Next day in the same location I found another bikini. Coincidence I thought, so I put in on top of a stick protruding from the sand, and left it. Shortly afterwards a German lady came out of the sea and picked up  the bikini. She told me somebody had taken  her swimwear the previous day. She put it on and swam back to the main beach. After that I saw her several days swim to the naturist beach, take her bikini off enjoy a swim and her sunbathing and put her swimwear back on and swim back to the main beach where presumably she had left the rest of her clothing. I must admit I did not confess to being responsible for her naked swim back that day. The following days I left her bikini's where they were.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2014, 01:05:35 AM »
Geoff....that story was so funny :) after meeting you at the Mathraki last year l could imagine the bewildered look on your face as you found the first bikini :(
How did you keep a straight face when she told you her story?
I couldn't stop laughing just telling it to Bill.

Beach was fine in May, not many people about so not much litter.

Hope to see you both soon, don't work too hard....try and have a holiday this time.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2014, 01:34:58 AM »
Me too Val meluvver - still smiling!

Geoff, I have to ask. Somebody once left me with absolutely nothing to cover my "dignity". Was it you???? My shorts disappeared in similar circumstances when I had literally nothing else with me on North beach.

I found a discarded beach bat, but was eventually rescued by a German couple, who gave me a pair of underpants to help me navigate to Kaloudis without being arrested..... I posted a pic (IN the pants, I hasten to add!) in my holiday report.

But seriously, I totally support your campaign to keep Arillas beach as clean and tidy as it deserves.

Phil

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2014, 01:48:33 AM »
I have to say that we have just returned from Arillas and were so impressed at how clean the beach was.  It was cleaned meticulously every morning - an absolute credit to the lovely people of Arillas.

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2014, 12:11:59 PM »
Me too Val meluvver - still smiling!

Geoff, I have to ask. Somebody once left me with absolutely nothing to cover my "dignity". Was it you???? My shorts disappeared in similar circumstances when I had literally nothing else with me on North beach.

I found a discarded beach bat, but was eventually rescued by a German couple, who gave me a pair of underpants to help me navigate to Kaloudis without being arrested..... I posted a pic (IN the pants, I hasten to add!) in my holiday report.

But seriously, I totally support your campaign to keep Arillas beach as clean and tidy as it deserves.

Phil

Well that is my keyboard ruined - just spit tea out all over it ...so funny and very very visual..... ROFL

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »
Hi
I am back in September so hopefully all will be clean and tidy.
Early one morning last year I found a bikini laying in the sand, seemingly abandoned. There was nobody in sight, myself and partner were the only ones apparently on the beach, so I picked it up and added it to my rubbish sack. Next day in the same location I found another bikini. Coincidence I thought, so I put in on top of a stick protruding from the sand, and left it. Shortly afterwards a German lady came out of the sea and picked up  the bikini. She told me somebody had taken  her swimwear the previous day. She put it on and swam back to the main beach. After that I saw her several days swim to the naturist beach, take her bikini off enjoy a swim and her sunbathing and put her swimwear back on and swim back to the main beach where presumably she had left the rest of her clothing. I must admit I did not confess to being responsible for her naked swim back that day. The following days I left her bikini's where they were.
Geoff

And you too Geoff.... so funny!   STOP....... THIEF!!!!!! hahahaha

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »
Hi Phil
Pleased to say I did not take your shorts. In future I will leave swimwear alone.
Another story from last year was that a local German lady who walks her dogs every morning on the beach asked me if "I wanted any more s e x". Surprised, I replied that I have not had any yet.
A friend of the German lady looked aghast, and asked if she knew what she had said.
It appears the German for sacks, is s e x (or a word that is very similar in sound)
Geoff

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2014, 12:23:25 PM »
haha

Offline momo

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »
Haha Geoff! Reminded me of a similar misunderstanding in Sydney. David was lagging behind as we strolled through King's Cross in Sydney, then (maybe now too) the 'red light' district. A woman approached David and said what he thought was 'You want cigs?' he said 'I don't smoke thanks'. She said her piece again more clearly 'Do you want sex?' !!! He said 'That's my wife' and pointed to me. She said 'She can come too'. He said 'No thanks' and caught me up laughing his head off. A highlight! Mo x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »
I remember, many years ago, young with very little cash, being stopped in the street by a lady who said...
"Do you wanna good time?"
"Only got 50 pence" says I.
"No problem!" says she , " I've got change!! " - Hmmmmm/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway.... Once again this year I missed the beach clean up. I never seem to know when it is happening, maybe because I live in Kavaddades.

So .......Perhaps some you guys, who joined in this year, make a mental note and PM me for next year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lied about the lady above , by the way. I really hade a pound note and she had no change for that.

Negg

Booking.com