Author Topic: Beach clean up  (Read 48472 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Beach clean up
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2014, 02:26:25 PM »
Have just returned from Arillas.
I was pleasantly surprised that the far North Beach was reasonably clean and tidy. Far the best I have seen it on day one of my holiday. Most days I cleared a quantity of rubbish, but far less than in previous years
Still the odd few who seem determined not to take their rubbish with them when leaving the beach. Can’t convince them all I suppose
I think some of the improvement is due to fact there are now beds on the beach, as there is on all the bays north of the pier, with exception of the area where there was the major incident last year, when the sunbeds where buried in a mud slide during the day. The bed man tends to keep ‘’his’’ area clean and tidy.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
Re: Beach clean up
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2014, 04:21:31 PM »
Geoff is quite right about the general improvement in tidiness.  It was good to talk to Geoff.  His enthusiasm for keeping the north end of the beach in pristine condition is much admired and I'm sure all of us who enjoy that end are grateful to him.  Many thanks Geoff!

A little bit of seaweed was washed up after one of the storms but soon disappeared aided by the efforts of the sunbed man, and the action of the tide.

Picture of me taken on 7th September 2014 down at the north end of Arillas beach.

Arillas north beach by pj's memories, on Flickr

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Booking.com