Author Topic: Your thoughts for raising money for helping the street cats of Arillas  (Read 9733 times)

Offline Sara

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
I've just received the September newsletter from AAWF [ see below ] & donations are needed for the cats in & around Arillas. I've had an idea to raise some money, but I'd really like to know what you all think....

I often use Vistaprint & they have an offer on at the moment where I can order 3 calendars for the price of one, which I would purchase.
I'd ask forum members to send me their favourite photos & I'd pick 12 to upload & have printed on the calendars.

I would then raffle the three calendars & the tickets would cost £2.00 each.
You would of course, have to trust me & send your money to me at my home address. [I think several people in Arillas would give me a good reference :)]

Sometime in December I could ask Eggy to chose 3 numbers & the winners would have their calendars sent to them.

So what do you think everyone? These cute little kitties need our help.

Sara.x

Arillas – Urgent Help Needed

We have sterilised a few more cats in Arillas this year. Several people have asked for help and we are trying to raise money in Arillas to help more of the street cats there with food, medication and neutering. AAWF has an active volunteer in the area and with your help and donations we can do more work in this area. This is an appeal to any Arillas visitors that are interested in helping the street cats there. It you are an Arillas fan please get in touch with us at http://www.agni-animal-welfare-fund.com/

Adopt an Arillas Cat - There are also several Arillas cats that also need sponsorship – They don’t have names so if you sponsor them you can also choose a name:

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Your thoughts for raising money for AAWF
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »
What a good idea Sara...count me in.  Just let me know where to send my money. x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:29:54 PM »
Thanks Eileen. Waiting for members responses first to see if it's worthwhile.
I'll also contact Vistaprint to see if I could get 5 calendars for the price of 1 [as in their previous offer]
All photos chosen would have who it was submitted by printed on the page somewhere [ I think you can do that!]
xx

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
Ah me too Sara .....a great idea! x
gaygo

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
Count us in Sara. Lovely idea for a cause we both totally support. Will follow up as soon as it goes ahead.

PhilnJen

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 07:29:26 PM »
sara
im in hun ..yammas..xx

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
And me

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 08:35:46 PM »
Just tell us what to do Sara....wish I was there all the time then I could adopt one properly.
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Your thoughts for raising money for helping the street cats of Arillas
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »
Me too. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »
And me, it sounds a purrfect way to help. Is it on Facebook as I know at least one cat lover who is on Facebook but doesn't use the Forum?

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 11:47:55 AM »
Thanks for your support everyone. I'm going to put together the calendar first, using photos taken the forum & when it's complete I'll photograph it & each month for you all to see.
Ideally, I'd like to raffle it but I don't really want to display my address etc on a public forum. My other idea was to put them on eBay & auction them.

I'd love to hear your ideas if you have any, either on here or send me a message.

Sandy .... if I was there too, I think I'd end up with a sanctuary of my own! I'm a big softie when it comes to cats & dogs & I just wouldn't be able to turn a stray away.

Terry ... when I receive the calendar, yes, I will put it onto FB.

I'll keep you all up to date, although next week I am off to this wonderful little place that we all call Heaven so I may not be on the forum quite so often.

Sara.x

Offline Arillas360

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Arillas360
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
Let me know if i can help i have lots of cat pics from Arillas

360º Virtual Tours Of Arillas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
Sara has been quiet the last while, and missed.
So waiting on a post from villa Theia.....

Dave, your pic and caption just explain to me why you and Jo are soulmates to us. "Stroke me in your summer but don't forget me in my winter." We are just like those cats. Sensitive, caring and wanting to love. We will get to Akrotiri whatever it takes next July. No rubbish, just Arillas.

Phil

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 09:56:02 PM »
I just had to reply about Dave's photograph. Its just stunning and I am sure many cat lovers would be captivated by the kittens eyes.

I reckon that 12 photographs like that on a calendar would be a sure winner and not just with people connected with Corfu.

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
Hello all,

I'm back! I was in my favourite place during October & I've been quite busy since my return. Only just seen your photo Arillas 360. Isn't he adorable? Afraid I couldn't use your photo because the calendar was being printed whilst I was away - next year maybe, for a 2013 calendar????

The calendar I've put together is now on eBay for auction. I'm quite pleased with the results. Several photos that I wanted to use, I couldn't because of "low resolution" The ones I have used are all good, although I found that the daytime/sea photos in Jan & Aug are not quite as sharp as the others - still good though.
The photos were taken from arillas.com & Facebook. Initially, I kept record of who took what photo, but then I got so confused when I couldn't use the ones that I wanted to, so in the end I didn't subtitle any of the photos or name who took them.
Thanks to everyone who's photos I have used.

At the end of the auction the money paid via PayPal will go directly to A.A.W.F
I'll email Angela at A.A.W.F & request that it should go to Marion who cares for the cats in Arillas & to spend it as necessary.
Stray cats in Arillas are not a big problem compared to other resorts. I expect the money will be spent keeping them under control, neutering the males to keep the population down & some food & medication.

Here's the ebay link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arillas-CORFU-Greece-2012-Calendar-Raising-money-A-A-W-F-/130598612834?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e6848af62

Dig deep ;)

Sara.x

Booking.com