Author Topic: September 26/09/2005  (Read 7840 times)

Offline fd

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
September 26/09/2005
« on: August 21, 2005, 07:42:49 PM »
:D Hi we are new to this forum and have never been to Arillas before although looking at the posts it looks like a nice place.

We are in our 30s and have a 15 year old daughter who will be coming with us and wanted to know if anyone will be out there that time of year.

We would love to meet up with some people when we are there as i would hate to think we would go away on holiday and not meet up with some others.

Did i hear right that somewhere on corfu there is a golf course and a water park, If so and anyone would fancy a round of golf then that would be good to.

As i said it would be good to meet some people out there so if you are interested let us know.

Many thanks  :D

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
September 26/09/2005
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 09:55:03 PM »
Hi FD

Took my two boys (7 & 9 yrs) to Aqualand a couple of weeks ago and they reckon it was the best day of the holiday.  Have to admit, as a thirty-something also, I thought it was pretty good too.

There is a golf course down at Ermones but I know nothing about golf - sorry!

Have a good time

Pete

Offline fd

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 10:05:49 PM »
Hi pete, Many thanks for the reply and i hope you had a good time, Is there anything you could recommend seeing or doing while we are there as this is our first time to Arillas and we know nothing apart from what i have looked at on this forum.

Many thanks again  :)

Offline Pete E

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 10:36:44 PM »
There are loads of pretty parts of the island to see - we had a car for the duration which was useful as our appts were a mile from the front, and spent a few days sightseeing.  The East coast is very nice - we hired a motor boat for an hour from Agni bay (near Kalami) and that was fantastic.  We also had a great day going down to Paleocastritsa (think I spelt that nearly right) - some wonderful views on the way and when you are there.

Corfu town is well worth a visit too.  We went on  a Sunday which was relatively quiet.  All the locals shops were shut but there were plenty of cafe/restaurants and tourist shops open.  Be warned though that the Fortress closes at 3pm - we were caught out and will have to go back next year now! (In fact I've just this minute booked to go back to Arillas!).

You can't go wrong really, FD.

Cheers

Pete

Offline fd

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 11:08:12 PM »
Once again pete many thanks for your reply, I have seen that a lot of people that go to Arillas do seem to go back year after year so i guess there is somthing special about the place.

I am looking forward to our trip and will indeed explore various parts of the island, I appreciate your replys very much.

Thank you  :D

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
September 26/09/2005
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 11:25:31 AM »
fd ul have a brill time there,im only 20 and when we arrived at arrilas ( a late deal n a cheapy) i have to admitt i thought it mite be a little too quiet for my boyfriend and i,but as it turned out it was the best hol iv been on!! wish i had the money to go back again this yr but there doesnt seem to be ne thin cheap enuf at the min. :roll: . we hired a quad for a day and went all over the place on it, sidari,san stephano n sum other places up round the north.it was brill n wud defo recommend it for more than one day. good for bringin the drink up to the apt too :lol: . wer r yas stayin, we stayed at bardis sun studios n bobby arranged it for us, 30 euros a day n i think 70 for 3 days. :?

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
September 26/09/2005
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 02:13:27 PM »
Hi fd

We also arrive on the 26th, we get there about 11.20am.  We are staying at Portofino as usual.  We will be eating there every night and always go to Coconut Bar to finish the night off.  There are 2 other couples that we always meet up with and you are quite welcome to join us.  I have 1 daughter who has been over there since May and we are taking our grandson (8yrs) and our daughter (18yrs) with us this time.

Dimitris did start a photo album with photos of the regulars on this forum, if you go into Bouklis you shouold ask to see it.  There may be more forum members over there.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline fd

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 09:14:10 PM »
Hi Mick and Jill, Many thanks for your reply and we would definatley love to meet up with you and the others as it sounds like a lot of fun. We arrive about mid day so nearly the same time as you although by the time we get to our destination im sure it will be later in the afternoon by the looks of some posts about transfer times.

I know this may sound silly but who or what is Bouklis

Look forward to meeting you out there.

Offline fd

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 09:17:57 PM »
Hi db, Many thanks for your reply and by the looks of things im sure we will have a fantastic time. Not to sure about the quads as im not good on a motorbike although i will try anything once lol.

Must say i am impressed at how friendly people are here and how good it is that people a willing to share experiences about Arillas.

Many thanks again

Offline db

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 11:10:09 AM »
:lol: brouklis is the name of the restaurant and apartments owned by dimitri(who runs this site) . you shud defo try a meal in nthere,its known for its spit roast lamb mmmm!!! but u mite need to book as it is very popular. :D

Offline Yvonne

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 11:33:09 AM »
Hi fd

As db has said Brouklis is known for its "spit roast lamb" (and many other dishes)  i highly recommend you do book a few days before you plan to go (if lamb is your thing.....) in August Sunday was the day it happened  :D

I was overheard making my booking which prompted other people to do the same (Dimitris was going to put me on commission  :lol:  )

As i will be there for 2 weeks on my next visit 20th Sept - 4th Oct with my daughter, we will be able to fit in two visits  :wink:  :lol:  cant wait.......

Yvonne x
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline ash-wolves

• Arillas regular visitor
    • www.myspace.com/ash_wolves89
hello f.d
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 01:09:29 PM »
hi f.d,
  i go on the 26th also, i go with my mom, dad and brother(13). i fly from birmingham, where does every1 eles fly from? . this is my second time to arillas we went last year and had a fab time. just look out for a lad in a wolves shirt cos that will be me !
Live

The

Dream ! ! !

Offline fd

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 08:25:54 PM »
db, Thanks for the info i did find out what brouklis was when i looked a bit harder  :oops:  guess i should take more time i suppose.

Many thanks and we will certainly try to get in there for a meal it sounds great.

Offline fd

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 08:27:33 PM »
ash-wolves, As i said in an earlier post we are coming from cornwall and we are looking forward to it, Would be good to meet up and i am sure you wont be hard to spot in a shirt like that lol  :D

Offline fd

September 26/09/2005
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 08:29:20 PM »
Yvonne, Sounds great and we will try to get in there for a meal.

Commission eh well you may be getting free meals at this rate  :D

Booking.com