Author Topic: 21 Day Stay!!  (Read 10319 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Re: 21 Day Stay!!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »
  24 August - 14 September!

Are you planning for two trips this year, to include September?

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »
Yes, I usually go on May4 or 11th. for two weeks, as I said, three weeks this year, returning 25-1 June, maybe slightly later, depending on 'flight deal'. Always stay at The Bardis Sun Hotel, now like my second home, with Dorita and Aris. Great accommodation, including breakfast, safe, sat. T.V, and no 'singles' supplement!
I am planning my second trip a bit earlier this year,  see how flight prices are, probably last two weeks of September and first week of October so I get my birthday in my favorite place!
Martin.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 12:28:42 PM »
Got nowhere in the shop yesterday afternoon. The assistant tried all the 'dodges' she could do, but all the flights were firmly 'locked' into 7 and 14 days. What's more, the prices had gone back up!!!!
Did find a Thomas Cook flight from Bristol at £276.50, and think that was a three week booking, got so confused in the end, will look it up today from home as I am trawling the internet for 'reasonable' cost flights.
Martin.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »

Best of luck Martin.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline philippa

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 09:40:53 PM »
Just out of interest - does anybody just book Easyjet or maybe Ryanair and just book/pay the accomodation separately and directly to the hotel? Or is this a much more expensive version?
Philippa

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 01:36:40 AM »
Philippa - we do both! We go in May to Kaloudis (package with Thomson) and then Easyjet and book hotel (Horizon) in Sept/October.

This year we're paying £875 for both of us from Manchester and staying at Kaloudis from 21st May for two weeks.

We're paying around £940 for both of us from Manchester from 21st September for two weeks, staying at Horizon Hotel, but this includes air conditioning and their fabulous breakfast, so very comparable.  Of course, there's the taxi transfer on top of this, but you also need to consider that taxi transfer is direct to the hotel, whereas package can take you to several different drops first.

A lot depends on when you book as well - we've noticed a £100 drop in prices since we booked for May...

Good luck with whatever you decide !!

Janis x

Offline cath1066

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 01:48:37 AM »
Phillipa, we've been booking independently for a few years now. We book Easyjet the day the flights come out and stay at Anna's Studios where the price includes airport transfers both ways.  It means we can be as flexible as we like, usually 14 nights but the year before last we did 17 nights.  Apartment and flights for 4 in August usually comes to around £1300-£1400.  Bargain for the school holidays which is one of the reasons we keep coming back, as well as the wonderful welcome we get from Anna and her family of course.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »
Cath 1066, we did the same this year for the school holidays !  Booked Easyjet flights and accomodation through Thomas Cook, which unusually came out very cheap!   13 nights for three of us ,taking into consideration return taxi and aircon came to under £1000. WELL chuffed with that ! Sometimes packages are cheaper and sometimes its better to DIY it, depends........
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »
Thomas Crook have just announced bookings down by 33%, so may be  a few bargains to be had soon!

Booking.com