Author Topic: Kaloudis  (Read 35440 times)

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
Kaloudis
« on: January 10, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »
Hi.I am staying at Kaloudis in July and was wondering if anyone could tell me if worth contacting them about the rooms? We have booked a 2 bedroom apartment and would like one with a balcony and nice view. On our last holiday we had a ground floor apartment with nothing to look at but bushes. (This was not in Arillas.) We love to sit and watch things early evening on a balcony but not sure if its worth askingas we did ask for a balcony on our last holiday and got the opposite! I know lots of people have said how nice and helpful they are at Kaloudis but does that stretch to requests?
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Ness

Offline wetty

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Kaloudis
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:17:02 PM »
Hi Ness,

We have stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment at the Kaloudis but it was on the ground floor. The view of the gardens was very pleasant though, & the seafront is only 50M away.
If my memory serves me right i think all of the 2 bedroom apartments are on the groundfloor. Those on the first floor (and therefore with more of a view) are 2 bedroom studios. There are contact details somewhere on the forum if you want to contact Rula to confirm this, she is always happy to help. We have requested specific rooms in the past & she has always been able to sort something out, with a bit of notice. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay at the Kaloudis

Wetty

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 05:51:45 PM »
Thanks Wetty. Will try to contact her and hopefully find out.

Ness

Offline wetty

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »
Hi Ness

Sorry, just re-read my post. Meant to say 2 person studio's, not 2 bedroom. Enjoy your holiday.

Wetty

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »
Have stayed at the Kaloudis several times and my wife and I think the best two bed studios are the row over the shop.  The best is the end one, number 37.  Here's one view from the balcony of number 37:-

Arillas, Corfu.  View from our balcony at the Kaloudis Village by pj's memories, on Flickr

Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 03:58:39 PM »
And another view from the balcony of room 37 (over the shop/library/currency exchange

Arillas, Corfu.  View from our balcony at the Kaloudis Village by pj's memories, on Flickr

best wishes

PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 05:09:53 PM »
Agree with you, Pat.  Room 37 is great.  Hope to get this time around.

Yammas,  Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline ebby

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »
Just got back Kaloudis. The village is superb and very very friendly. Billy the owner can't do enough for you and his quiz nights are hilarious! We stayed in room 11 overlooking the pool and the ocean which has fantastic views. (This is a two bed apartment which is great but the noise from the bar is quite loud at night although not too bad). Rooms 30 onwards are quieter and still maintain the sea views. All rooms are spotless with clean towels and bedlinen changed regularly. Kids loved the pool and kittens, tortoises and internet access. We loved the peaceful gardens , walks and resteraunts. Go there, I insist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline springs65

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »
Hi folks
I have been looking in but only just joined the board. We are going to the Kaloudis in September for two weeks. it's many yeras since we were in Arillas
( over 20 I think ) and I guess a lot has changed. I am sure we stayed at these appartments then as I remeber it being as far as you could go on the front and up this road.
I don't think they called it the Kaloudis then, maybe someone will know ?

Anyway my question is do they have kettle and toaster in the room? and also safty deposit box.

We were in Acharavi last Sept but Thomsons don't seem to have much there this year. Do you think Arillas is much the same as Acharavi, we don't like it too busy but from what I remeber of Arillas there wasn't a great lot there when we were there.

We are in our 60s and don't want the night life so as long as there is plenty of eating and drinking places that will do. I have done the virtual street walk and it looks good.

Thanks for any help

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »

We too are in our sixties, and although we haven't stayed at Kaloudis yet, we always holiday in Arillas. It's still a beautiful Corfiot village suitable for all ages, from tiny tots to oldies ;) with wonderful hospitality extended to everyone.
Kaloudis is lovely and you will really enjoy it, the pool and gardens are great and so is the welcome you will receive from all the family.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »

I don't think they called it the Kaloudis then, maybe someone will know ?

It is/was also known as the 'Splish Splash', although I think it may have been called something else as well originally.

Offline springs65

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
Thanks both, we love the Greek islands, been going to Zante in May for the last 18 years only missing a couple in between so I know how hospitable the Greeks are.

I have arthritis so need a ground floor, I have the e-mail address so I will mail then a couple of weeks before we go requesting this.

Anyone know what number ground floor rooms are the best?

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 11:16:04 AM »
We love Kaloudis and we're also in our 60's. We've been going since 2000 and there have been some changes but not many and mainly for the better. The only change I miss is the Arillas Inn but Leo is next door in Ammos which is lovely. There's enough good eating places to choose a differant every night for a 2 week holiday but we always love Porto Fino and of course Brouklis.
There's kettles at Kaloudis no toaster but we always manage to do toast on the cooker and the rooms are spotless.
Hope you love it as much as we do.

June

Offline springs65

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »
Thanks June sounds good to me, really looking forward to going. it will be much easier for us as we can go from Norwich airport which is only 20 mins away for us. When we go to Zante we have to go from Stansted.

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 12:50:45 PM »
Kaloudis is amazing, nothing is too much trouble, the people are fab and the village is heaven on a plate. Enjoy.

Booking.com