Author Topic: Beach in Summer School Hols  (Read 6313 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Beach in Summer School Hols
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »
It seems like most people posting in these forums are fortunate enough to be able visit Arillas out of the school holidays.  Unfortunately, due to my daughter now being at senior school I feel I have to play ball and stick to the peak times.  Thus we will be there last week of July first week of August.

So, clearly this wil be a very busy time.  questions;

Will I have to be down at the beach at daft o clock in the morning to get a sunbed?
Will I need to book tables days in advance?
Ditto for boat hire
Will there always be enough beds around the pool at the Tria?

I actually am an early rise but daughter is now going through per-teenagedom and 12 noon is starting to become an attractive get up time for her!

You know, writing these questions reminded me of an all inclusive in Turley where I had to get up at 6am to go and reserve sunbeds every morning!  It suited us as a family of 4 at the time but would not want that type of holiday now.

Please be honest as if the above are issues I can just readjust how we approach things.  Will pack our own beach mats, book boats in advance through web sites etc.

Yiammas:)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Beach in Summer School Hols
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
I have holidayed in Arillas during August for the past few years which is the busiest month in in general as the Greeks and Italians are on their holidays.  

My friend Heidi and I usually go down to the beach around 10.30 or 11.00 depending how rough we feel from the night before and we always get sunbeds easily. Then we can proceed  with the  recuperation in the fresh sea air under an umbrella and life is good ;)

In the evening I have noticed that it is good to book a table if you are set to eat in your desired establishment, but in general not necessary especially if you are an early eater like us :)

As for boat hire, I haven't got the foggiest but I am sure other people can enlighten you.
Life is good ;)

Offline Angela66

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:07:56 AM »
Thanks Erja, that's good news"

I am simply looking forward to this holiday so much!  A couple of years ago we had our first holiday in Corfu. It was the best holiday we have had, we stayed in Kassiopi.  The only negative was that the sea was a little cool and the beach pebbles hurt our feet.  The sea was also deep very quickly.  We feel Arilllas will be all that Kassiopi was but without the negatives. 

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:04:31 AM »
As Erja said you wont need to be down on the beach at silly oclock to get yourself a sunbed but you may need to reserve a table if you intend to eat in a certain restaurant at a required time but in general just walk in and you will be served ,i think we only booked once at Brouklis but the rest of the time just wandered in many of the restaurants to eat with no problem
You will find the beach far superior to Kassiopi gently shelving out into the shallow sea and  mostly sand although the width of the beach does tend to alter from year to year
Over the last couple of years we have stayed in August and in general it has been fairly quiet ,one thing is for sure you will definitely enjoy Arillas
We took our daughter with us in 2010 and thought she may have found it a tad quiet but she loved the place and is coming again with us this year so that speaks for itself :-)
Tony

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »
Whwn are you going and where are you staying? We arrive on August3rd, 12th time in Arillas!
gaygo

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
Last summer was very quiet in Arillas, even in August. Whilst that is lovely for the tourist, we all hope it will be busier this year for the sake of the local businesses. I didn't have to book restaurants last year, unless we were going in a big group.
As others have said, the actual size of the beach varies from year to year but I have never heard anyone complain about not getting a sunbed. When I passed the Tria or Rainbow last year, there always seemed to be plenty of sunbeds round the pool even in August.
I would advise you to book a boat because they usually bring those round from San Stef and apart from anything else, you will save time and have a longer day if you have organised it in advance.
I'm there the first two weeks of August so may see you then!
Sandy x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »

The last two years we have stayed last week July first week August. While staying at Makris last year we spent a few afternoons at other pools Tria, Mathraki, Marina and we found them all with plenty of sunbeds, also we have never found a problem getting sunbeds on the beach at any time of the day except maybe Sundays, when local people spend family time at the beach.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Angela66

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 04:51:29 PM »
Ah, thanks everyone.  It sounds like heaven.  We are there from July 23rd to August 6th.  We are both so very excited.   I love trying all the different food whilst daughter is also starting to get a little more adventurous. 

Counting down!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »
Angela, all of what you ask is available in Arillas. I am a college lecturer so like you I can't go in May or June. But Jen and I have been in Arillas in almost every other week of the year since we found it in 2002. No battles for sunbeds, either in the pools or the beach. Philip and Eleni at Tria are wonderful people and hosts. Tria is at the edge of the village, but nowhere is far in Arillas. You might find weekends with a need to book at a chosen taverna. Or just go with the flow and eat somewhere else. They are all brilliant.

It is what you make of it that counts, not what gets dished up ready packaged and microwaved. (There isn't any of that available, anyway.) The people who look after us there are very special, and their authentic welcome is legendary.

Some food recommendations:
Penelope's or pepper chicken at Thalassa
Phil's extra garlic prawns at Efthia's
Stifado at Armourada
Bourdetto at Brouklis

Ah, just read some of the past posts on the forum. Hundreds of people like us have expressed it all in the past, and look forward to being back in our slice of heaven.

Phil

Booking.com