Author Topic: car hire and arillas in general for 2012  (Read 20778 times)

Offline jon

car hire and arillas in general for 2012
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »
Hi all
My family and I are returning to arillas for the 3rd time in june this year.
I think I will finally pluck up the courage to drive and venture out of the resort this time! Any tips and info in general about the best place to hire , prices , docs required etc as im a novice at this!! (theres only 3 of us so a small car will do)
Also, how is arillas bearing up to the economic troubles? Hope its not having too much affect..
Thanks to any that can help
Jon

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: car hire and arillas in general for 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »
I always rent my car through Theo at Arillas renta-a-car (he has a website which you can access through this forum). He is very friendly and reliable. All you need is your driving licence.

All the prices are on the website, but just email him for a quote - he will do what he can to help.
Sandy x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »

Sandy's right Theo is so helpful, Bill hates driving of holiday but last year we hired from Arillas cars, we e-mailed Theo about March, chose a car and had few chats online, no deposit, just pay on the day you want your car....... Simples!!

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »
agreed with all
theo is a lovely person ,and a great company he ,also delivers cars to the airport,and also has sat-navs ,to rent so no getting lost ,,venture out and enjoy....yammas

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:40:21 AM »
The key to good car rental is honesty, a good price, a safe car and fantastic service. That's what you get with Theo at ....

http://arillas-rentacar.com/

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »
We've also used Olgas Travel who offers the same service(s) , with equal success.

Anne

Offline jon

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 08:41:32 PM »
Thanks for your help guys . Looks like theo's the man!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »
You couldn't do better Jon. Can't report from experience - Theo would never hire me a car in Arillas for my own safety - my reputation for Mythos is well known....

But the family run business always provides value for money, excellent service, and flexibilty. Not to mention the family as a whole. More wonderful people you would be hard pressed to meet.

Phil

Offline Bri

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 12:29:12 AM »
Thanks for your help guys . Looks like theo's the man!

He's got a good memory, too. A few years ago I popped in for a rental for a few days and he remembered, without prompting, which car I'd had the previous year. I was amazed, considering how many folk he sees in the season.
Last one I got was a NEW Punto!

Satisfied customer
Bri

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 12:45:33 AM »
Always use Theo     Arillas Cars
good price good service just pop in with driving licence

May need a day or two's notice in the high summer.

Offline jon

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
Got back on the 18th june. Hired a car from Arillas travel in the end who were very nice and helpful. Driving over there wasnt half as bad as I thought it would be . Potholes being the worst problem rather than driving on the other side!! It was great to see the other parts of the island (Lagos beach in particular)
UK weather is sooo depressing at the moment, This forum keeps me going till next year . Kaloudis guys were brilliant . Thanks All !!!

Offline prince1

meeting people
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 01:43:18 PM »
hi folfs arriving 24 sept 2012 for fourteen days first time traveling alone any suggestions were to meet people dont fancy being on my own for fourteen days after some new friends

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
Hello prince1,
Welcome to the forum. I know how you are feeling as I was in that position some time ago. I have no doubt whatsoever you will find lots of people in Arillas will rally round and offer that wonderful Arillas welcome and make you feel at home  right from the start!
I have replied to you on your other 'taxi share' posting and sent you a personal message, It will be great to share a taxi with you. Where are you staying?
Yammas,
Martin.

Booking.com