Author Topic: mosquitoes  (Read 15794 times)

Offline Timbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
Re: mosquitoes
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »
Dread to think what my debt must be - I have never been bitten in all the months I have spent there. Famous last woorrrddds.... Apparently some people are lucky like you and I Arillaslad.

On the other hand, those who do get bitten sometimes have terrible reactions to them. Jen included. It's no joke for them - they can never let the guard down. Our key holiday packing is masses of spray with 50% DEET - all for Jen. It goes on in the afternoon and is added to if we have a late night (most of them!)

Phil

Hi Phil mate, are there any about at the moment that you know of? Mosquitos I mean, not late nights! :) Any stories of unprotected holidaymakers being bitten?

Hope you and Jen are having a blast, pity you leave just before I get there! :(
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
Hi Timbo!! We are both sad to miss you this time, but hey ho, we'll all be back........... And we will be meeting Cheryl again this time, and sharing lots of hot air and Mythos lol!

Can't report on the mozzies yet - we get in at midnight tomorrow. Have heard they're rampant this year and also that they're not. So we'll soon find out which is true and will let you know.

Love the term "unprotected holidaymakers" for all the wrong reasons!!! Gotty and Liz, and Jozef and Maria blamed the water but.... I'll stop now.

Look after yourself.
Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »

Just lost my post......

Safe journey tomorrow Phil and Jen, stay well this time, we are so looking forward to meeting you both again.
Don't forget the fly spray for your room as well as the JF deet, don't let the pesky mozzies in for a single nibble.

See you soon (I love saying that).     Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2012, 12:13:13 AM »
Was it the last one Val (the lost post?)

The mozzies in 2003 nearly made it our last post in Arillas, when Jen had 17 lanced and still has the scars to go with it. She suffered big time, and I gave up all hope of ever returning to the place we now consider to be our true home.

But it was she who booked Kaloudis in October 2007 when we renewed our vows with the love affair we found in 2002. That being Arillas and all of its complications.  The rest is history, and mostly documented on this forum.

Tomorrow we will be writing another chapter in this book. I hope you won't take me to court for including you in it.

Phil

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2012, 07:20:58 AM »
I do not actually know you Phil and Jen, yet due to this forum I feel I do!  Thus I would like to say have a great holiday!

Angela

Booking.com