Author Topic: Favourite food in Arillas quiz.  (Read 18919 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Re: Favourite food in Arillas quiz.
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
We`re just looking forward to eating at many places, trying out Greek dishes that we haven`t tried before.
 Arillas spoils us with it`s choice of tavernas to eat in.

Roll on August.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
Hi all, my mouth has been constantly watering reading this thread for the past week or so:)

So a questions - where is Effie's please?  Is it the Eftihia Snack Bar please?  (I was looking on the maps and this is what I guessed from that.)

Offline Angela66

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2012, 07:27:04 PM »
Kokoretsi at Tria, though Nic won't try it!

Oh my goodness - I just looked this up on the internet!  I agree with your Nic, I think I shall give this one a miss!

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2012, 07:46:07 PM »
ang66
its the next restaurant past potofino going towards kaloudis ,,up the long steps right on the front ,,yammas ,,give it a go its fab.......x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »
Yes Angela, Effie's is Eftihia nearly next door to Kaloudis, up a stairway to heaven. But it is no "snack bar." Fabulous food, views to die for, and an Arillas mustn't miss. But in two weeks you miss so many wonderful places to eat... Forget about calories. Just order the next size up in waistband for next year....

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »

Yes Angela, Phil's right, but I  also feel the name is wrong because Efi's is a really excellent restaurant, we go quite often for our evening meal, enjoying Efi's mums wonderful cooking, the prawns(Bill) and the lamb(me) are our two favourites there.
 Although lunch time is very good as well, just sitting, watching the people on the beach while enjoying your lunch.
I suppose snack bar means fast food to me, not a wonderful place like Efi's.
You can miss it though because it's up that flight of steps and you could think it is closed because you can't see any one there, so when you are there climb those steps, try it, you won't be disappointed.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Angela66

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »
Thanks Kevin, Phil and Val - I shall certainly be going up those stairs!  As for calories - I only worry about those two weeks in advance of my hols (bikini in mind) - the rest of the year I plan to diet, start one on Monday and give up by Tuesday - well, you only live once, lol!

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 10:19:27 PM »
Gosh, this is a tough one.  The contenders are spit roast lamb at Brouklis, not forgetting the courgette keftedes; and prawn saganaki and the steaks at the marina.  I don't honestly think I can choose between them.  Then of course there is the brouklis moussaka, effie's (everything), horizon and thalassa which I love when eating by candlelight and listening to the waves.  I could go on and on and on ................!  xxx

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »
Angela66, when Phil first put Kokoretsi on the menu I asked him what it was- his answer "you won't like it john" was a challenge for me. All he told me was that it was offal. It was the best kebab of any kind that I've ever had. Only later did I find out the full detail of what I'd eaten. It's well worth a try if you can face it, but then all the food at the Tria is lovely.

Offline Anne

• Retired and loving it!
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2012, 10:34:52 PM »
No one told me Kokoretsi had testicles in it :-( lol
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 11:12:12 PM »
Effie's Mum makes a mean nut cake.  Last year when we had a meal there with Neill and Wendy they asked if it was on the menu, it wasn't but her mum went straight through to the kitchen and made one.  It was to die for, lovely and warm and the whole cake ha ha.
Jill XXX

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
"No one told me Kokoretsi had testicles in it lol".
No salt required on those!

Offline Angela66

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »
Sometimes it is better not to know exactly what is in something before you try it!  My daughter likes kebabs, as do I, so I think I shall tell her that kokoretsi is chicken based and see what happens .... Lol

Booking.com