Author Topic: The Arillas Trail - signed foot-path in to the corfiot nature  (Read 102377 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
During winter time, the Arillas Cultural Organization in cooperation with other residents and the Business Organization, have made efforts to create a foot path between the two main roads of our Area, as well as a walking trail that starts at the beach between Inas Shop and Mirage Pool along the Arillas Stream, up to the bridge after the bakery and then all the way to the olive-groves of the Agricultural area of our village.
It leads in to areas that have not been easily accessed by visitors until today as there have not been any signs of orientation.
Walking through this trail you will be able to observe Arillas from a different point of view in a fantastic environment of plants and trees where time has stopped many years ago.
 The roads that you will see are created mainly in order to access everyone’s harvest for transporting it to the local olive press. There are no buildings but the only signs of modern civilization are the nets that are used to collect the olives.
The trail ends at the Corfu Microbrewery where you can stop for a free beer sample and guided tour inside or keep going till the beach again.
This project  will not be the only one. We have future plans for creating a whole network of such signed paths where you will be able to walk under the shade of our over 400 years old olivetrees even until Sidari.

The first official walk will be on MayDay, (Tuesday 1st May 2012 at 10:00 pm ) where we invite everyone who is currently in Arillas to join us.
At the end we will be having a small party at the Corfu Microbrewery where you will be offered local specialties and loads of Corfu beer. All sponsored by the people of Arillas.
Just follow the red and white signs as above and enjoy.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The Arillas Trail - signed foot-path in to the corfiot nature
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:30:22 AM »
Wow! This sounds wonderful and another delight for our holiday come the end of June.

Gary & Carolyn

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 01:35:29 AM »
I agree sounds wonderful. One of the delights of Arillas is the walks around the village, and the before breakfast walk to Afionas and back...I love that one..husband always tries to wriggle out of it..but when we arrive back in Arillas about 9am and sit on a bench watching the sea, he always says.."That was lovely..just do not expect me to do anything else today!
We will be enjoying the new walk in the village!

Offline Diane and Terry

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 01:42:32 AM »
Thank you Dimitris for this latest news.  Look forward to walking this trail in June.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 02:14:49 AM »
What a fabulous addition to the joys that the village offers. So many will take advantage of it.

And for us less mobile folks, the conversations about the walks and the pictures people take, will be special.

Congratulations to the Arillas people who are developing and promoting our special place in such a pro-active and energetic fashion.

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:14:31 AM »
It's a great idea Dimitris and what an asset to the village.

We are looking forward to doing the walk, but so sorry we won't make the official opening.  Might try to fit it in today before we go to Sharon's table top sale....

See you later,

Eileen.xxx

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:28:28 AM »
this sounds great cant wait to try it looking forward to the different views i will see

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 09:34:26 AM »
June 22nd can't come quick enough.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
dimitris and all
it sound like a great idea, as walking is a main part of peoples holidays to keep fit and active ,,well done ,,yammas

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »
Sounds a great walk, would love to be there with you all but it is not to be. Will have a go later in the month even with my little legs im sure that the love we have for Arillas will surge me on. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
Brilliant idea Dimitris and a great walk to look forward too ,Now I'm going to be cheeky ,any chance of plotting the route on google earth and posting it on here ?
Tony :-)

Offline ginger111

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:54 AM »
That sounds great pity my wife and i will miss the 2nd but we will be givinig it a go on sat the 5th and then we will have our own little party
Gareth jones

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
This really is good news, but ( I'm sorry to be negative) I hope some thing is being done about the donkey track. The thought of not being able to have that wonderful walk, with fantastic views, up to the Akrotiri Bar or further on to San Stefanos is awful. If the path isn't passable or an alternative route, close to the existing one, can't be provided it is going to make a lot of people very disappointed. It could also create problems for Nikos, because I am sure he would see less customers.

When we go in June/July it can be very hot and the last thing you want to do is walk inland and uphill for a lunchtime drink. It is far better to be walking close to the sea.

I am really pleased about this new trail but I really hope the coastal walk can be made passable for the coming season.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
What fantastic news Dimitris!!

Thank you to everyone in and around Arillas for creating this opportunity for us all

We won't be there until 21st May but look forward to trying out the walks when we do get there - this is a great opportunity to improve the already wonderful Arillas

Janis x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC

Booking.com