Author Topic: The Arillas Trail - signed foot-path in to the corfiot nature  (Read 102408 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: The Arillas Trail - signed foot-path in to the corfiot nature
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:58 PM »
Some great Photos there Viv,the little grasshopper looks quite big.pete got a great close up there.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »
Hi Harold, yes Pete has some great photo's but I took that one with my little camera. Will ask Pete to e-mail you some of his. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2012, 06:33:54 AM »
Incase any body is wondering all photos I have posted on here or photo bucket are taken with the Sony DSC TX20 Digital and are copy right to me.
 Any I post of Pete,s I will tell you altough im sure you will see the differance anyway.
Viv x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
I did the new trail a couple of weeks ago and would advise you to pack a pair of trainers.  As Terry says you need to wear something with a bit of grip as it is fairly steep in places.

Like Eileen, my wife and I walked the whole trail two weeks ago (last week of May). It's fantastic, we even came across a tortoise. If you're thinking of doing it all, a few pointers. 1, Take plenty of water  as there is nowhere to buy any on the route. 2, Watch out at some of the junctions, the signs are there, but can be obscured by foliage. 3, a mobile phone should be carried as some bits are steep and remote. (how you would discribe were you are to emergency services is another matter). 4, Give yourself plenty of time, especially if the day is reasonably/very hot. We took just over two hours to get around the whole route. 5, Enjoy it's Arillas :@) 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »
perfic Greenbeans. Welcome to the forum, it is an eclectic blend of Arillas and madness. I probably represent the latter.....

Goodonyer for persevering and walking the whole shebang. And of course for reporting back. Did you find any dehydrated bodies along the way?

Looking forward in 4 weeks time to hearing all the new trail stories. And seeing more pics on forum. Moi? I will be in the Coconut with friends I adore, drinking Mythos.....

Phil

Offline Diane and Terry

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2012, 06:37:07 PM »
After viewing Viviens photos I'm looking forward to this walk during our holiday starting June 18th.  My daps are ready to pack!!!!!!

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »
I know the trail is marked out by signs but here`s a daft question - IS IT OBVIOUS ie  you can`t make a wrong turn anywhere?   ( Not that it would matter).

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2012, 11:00:13 PM »
I know the trail is marked out by signs but here`s a daft question - IS IT OBVIOUS ie  you can`t make a wrong turn anywhere?   ( Not that it would matter).

Paul
Some of the markers are a little way to the left or right of a junction. It's better to scout along till you find them than take a chance and set off down the wrong track. 

Offline jalal

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »
I've done some runs around Arillas, with a Garmin watch, unfortunately I can't embed them in the forum. Anyway, here is a link to one of them:

http://connect.garmin.com/player/142699126#

select satellite view to get a nice picture. :)

Should be possible with the walks and such, or, as someone mentioned, with an iPod or Android phone.

Offline tigerfan

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »
The new trail sounds just the thing to try out my new camera when i return to Arillas in September!And a great bonus to finish at the micro brewery and try the local beers!Looking forward to our stay at the Makris and three weeks of chilling out!!
Paul

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
martin and i did the walk in june last year, martin tested his new knees, so terry should be ok diane!!! it was hard work, and you will need to carry lots of water with you it will be hot in june! it was amazing though!
ger x

Offline Vaughan & Angie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »
We did the walk last year in September, Angie said she did not think she was up to walking to San Stef, so we took the trail....  oh dear, how long and unexpected was that, but absolutely fantastic we did it twice more, but this time we were prepared with lots of water.

V&A

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2013, 02:48:51 PM »
Just back from 3 weeks and walked the trail so many times in each direction! First time was in flip flops and no water as I set off to just peek at the village part of it but couldn't resist carrying on as it just got better and better - oops! foot wear wasn't an issue for me (guessing it would be for most though) but omg! do not do it without water! It is a truly wonderful trail taking you to parts of Arillas you may have never seen before and is a must for every visitor able to do it! Highly recommended and a huge thanks to all involved in it - if you ever need volunteers to help maintain it give me a shout - would be more than happy to help.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2013, 01:41:48 AM »
We did it at 11am beginning of July thinking it was about 2-3km. By 2pm and 8.5km later all we saw apart from the wonderful views and wildlife was the Grim Reaper trying to tap me on the shoulder. OMG. The Boss has promised to ad a distance count on it for the unsuspecting plums like us :-) Water and plenty of it is the order of the day.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2013, 12:35:37 AM »
Haha Gaz that made me chuckle. Mick did iy yesterday. Set off around 8.30am and was decidedly 'off colour' for the rest of the day haha. Admittedly he got lost at one point but promised Dimitris he would post a diary of his first attempt when we get home (horrid thought)

Booking.com