Author Topic: The Arillas Trail - signed foot-path in to the corfiot nature  (Read 102382 times)

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
Re: The Arillas Trail - signed foot-path in to the corfiot nature
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »
Though Mandy did the trail when it first opened, this year was my first opportunity to explore it. Mandy lead me several mornings on parts of it local to our our Villa (the first of which was the uphill section behind our villa up to Magoulades. Gee thanks!)

I have come to love the trail. I completed the whole circuit for the first time yesterday. It's been a few years since I did any serious walking but this last 2 weeks have put me back in the flow of going for a Bimble.

It's just challenging enough to grant real a sense of achievement and mixes fantastic tranquility and spectacular beauty (particularly some of the valleys, views over Arillas and St. Stephanos.

A very belated well done to Dimitri and his team for putting this together and opening up areas which we never would have had an opportunity to enjoy.

Any one with a spare couple of hours in the cool of a morning should try it!
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline fitwenchdidyell

« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2021, 05:12:46 PM »
Hello.

Is this trail still a thing?? 

Sounds like something I'd love to have a go at (IF we manage to get to Arillas later this year - Covid Travel Lists, Testing and Wildfires permitting) but wondered if the signage is still in place or maybe even some kind of sketched map available in the village.  Don't have the tech kit available to track it en-route so some sort of guidance would be good.

TIA

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »
Yes its still the thing on May 1st every year (I dont know about last year) but lots of the local and holiday makers meet at the front, get their photos taken and then off we all go. Some race it and some just take it easy  but nobody ever gets left behind by them selfs. We have done quite a few times. Finish at the brewry and have something to eat and drink and some music.  Does anybody remember the old Heritage Trail, used to love doing that, wasnt so far and used to love the Donkey in the back field, who always seem to know who had an apple or carrot and who didnt.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline fitwenchdidyell

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2021, 06:21:58 PM »
Thanks for the info Vivian.

I've been looking at the Google Satellite/Street View and it looks like there are a few possibilities for some shorter walks in and around that area.  We hope to go in early September so the May 1st group walk wouldn't fit that plan but it's certainly given me a lot of inspiration for exploring!

Not been to Arillas since 2008 so it would be great to see if and how anything has changed.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2021, 08:25:55 PM »
Load of little walks and always something you notice that you havent before even if its only different plants.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2022, 05:14:46 PM »
I know you never take me seriously ....
But this time I'm not jocking at all .  When you walk this path you will see what I mean.

If I was to make a fool of you..... you would not have taken any notice yet.!!!  Lol

Dimitris
Just read this again been laughing like mad, Honest it is a inmatur bitten, we heard Mum fly away making a horrable noise and then this stick opened its eyes, we couldnt believe it at the time. But its all the truth. XX

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com