Author Topic: cancelled holiday  (Read 63992 times)

Offline Stuee b

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
cancelled holiday
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »
Hi does any one know what has happened to christos apartments we have just had a letter from Olympic to say that they have cancelled our holiday there and moved us to an apartment in Roda I am absolutely furious I booked because I wanted to come to Arillas not Roda. Have spoken to customer service and they said they can put me in Arillas if there is accomodation but I have just checked and there is nothing available.

Offline Stuee b

Re: cancelled holiday
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »
Hi does any one know what has happened to christos apartments we have just had a letter from Olympic to say that they have cancelled our holiday there and moved us to an apartment in Roda I am absolutely furious I booked because I wanted to come to Arillas not Roda. Have spoken to customer service and they said they can put me in Arillas if there is accomodation but I have just checked and there is nothing available.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »
Oh no! Surely you should be able to get a refund? I would make a stand Stuee.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »
Don't know anything about Olympic dropping Christos. Was your holiday soon?

You can take the option of a refund if they can't put you in the resort of your choice.
I would then book with either of the other two companies, or go independent, there are lots of properties available all through the season both independent and with Thomsons and T Cook.

Good luck and tells us where you book :)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »
Sorry just looked at you previous post, you said you booked for the end of May so there should be availability for you.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Stuee b

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »
hi Val

yes we are due to fly out on 28th May they will give us our money back but I have been looking and can not find anything at the price we originally paid we would have to pay at least £200 more. Also asked them about flight only and they said fine but then they would refund about £50 for the two of us and again when you take the cost of private rental and transfers then we will still be out of pocket by about £200 I am absolutely furious and there does not seem any way round it.Just noticed the accomodation they have offered us in Roda is the cheapest they have available at this time.

Offline Stuee b

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 02:24:37 PM »
Hi Jo

Yes we can get a refund but I can not anything for the price we originally paid and we can't afford much more. I so fed up looks like we have no choice but to stay in Roda.

stu

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
Disgusting that holiday companies FREQUENTLY get away with this " we can accommodate you with a similar holiday", well its NOT a similar holiday if its in a different resort !  We had it last year in Crete.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »
Sally and I used to go to Roda years ago,we had some good holidays there,but then it started to get busy and changed for the worse,we have driven through there from Arillas and would never want to go back.I hope that you get something sorted as its not fair on you to be put into Roda when you booked Arillas.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 02:29:55 PM »
Ask them for compensation,you have nothing to lose
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
You can ask but they ALWAYS have all angles covered legally with these sort of things. It makes my blood boil !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
How awful, Stuee, you must be gutted.  I've done a search on Thomas Cook and it looks like Makris and Akti Arillas have availability on 28th May.  Why don't you see if you can have one of these options?  Good luck!
Cheryl O

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
Stu, don't give up! You can get some amazingly cheap accomm in Arillas thayt would be in a much better position than christos. Give me your original price (if you don't mind that is!!) And we will find you something. What would be the price of flights if they gave you those? Tell us dates etc and we will get on the case!!!

Offline BILLYB

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »
were suppose to be going to christos on the 4th june and got a letrter this morning saying we were staying in roda . were fuming cos our son is coming out on the 11th to join us on his own ! Any ideas why theyve done this

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »
Looks like Olympic has dropped the North-West of Corfu completely. If you check their Corfu Resorts page Arillas, San Stefanos and Aghios Georgios are all missing from the list.
http://www.olympicholidays.com/greece/corfu/q.g.4352.3.q.html
???
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Booking.com