Author Topic: Safety deposit box  (Read 5588 times)

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
Safety deposit box
« on: May 10, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »
Hi
Can anyone tell me if Kaloudis apartments have safety deposit boxes in them please?

Ness

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Re: Safety deposit box
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »
We had one last June in our studio.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline pdkirk

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:41:26 PM »
Yes they do, they are in the wardrobe, if you use it you leave the money by the safe and take the key, can't remember how much much per week.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »
Was chuckling at this, we also have one in the Marinaki that is in the wardrobe but not bolted down or anything so would be simple to pick it up and take haha! Although may be a bit conspicuous! I know it may be famous last words but security and safety is something I never worry about in Arillas.

Offline pdkirk

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
Thinking about it now, not even sure it if was bolted down or not, didn't look or try to move it, you don't think of things like that when you are in arillas on chill mode.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 07:04:30 PM »
We haven't used one since 2002. Like Jo, probably famous last words, but we have never felt the need since our first visit. We keep our cards with us - mainly because we use them so often!

Phil

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
Its nice to hear it is a place where you dont need to worry about that! Have been to other places where we didnt have any concerns about anything going missing which is what we like!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »
Every time we've been to Kaloudis there was a safety box in our room - in the wardrobe as previously stated - but there are also some in the reception area, although I've never seen anyone using them ...

We always use one (for our cash, cards and jewellery) but we trust the staff there absolutely - everyone who works at Kaloudis Village is lovely and friendly and totally trustworthy.
We would just rather safeguard our belongings against any opportunist thief ..

Having said all this, Arillas is the one place in the whole world (that we've visited!) where we feel totaly, totally chilled out and SAFE!!!

Janis xx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 10:00:03 PM »

Janis just like you we feel really safe in Arillas, but we also use a safe, your insurance always states that you must use safe guards provided to keep your property safe.
 Not doing so could invalidate your claim should the unthinkable happen. We pay such a high price for travel insurance that it seem daft to invalidate it for what amount to a couple of Euros a day.
Even so I still think it's a waste of money in Arillas.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »
We once left our camera and wallet in one of the bars on our first visit and rushed back expecting the worst only to be presented with them from behind the bar. Another time we were rushing past the Akti in the middle of a sudden downpour when the twins were in their pram and a worker from the hotel rushed out to lend us their umbrella having never met us before. I could go on and on.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 03:57:48 AM »
I have posted about this before, but a friend of ours got very drunk in San Stef, and lost a holdall full of cigarettes outside a bar there. We spent the next day with him trying to find it without success, but an English gay couple we met had a motor-scooter, and they located it outside a pool bar, completely untouched. 48 hours sat by the roadside, a lost bag with hundreds of pounds worth of cigarettes in it. The owner of the bar remembered our drunk friend, but hadn't touched the bag. Nor had passing tourists.

Don't try this at home anyone who lives in the UK.
Phil

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 08:03:18 AM »
I had never noticed them in the wardrobe at the Kaloudis so used the ones in the reception. It is for the just in case! We are so relaxed on holiday and I would not want the hassle. I love Arillas and would hate anything opportunist to sour my opinion. So by using the safe deposit box takes care of that. Roll on summer Annie xxx

Booking.com