Author Topic: Mathraki and Othonoi  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Ray and Sally

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Mathraki and Othonoi
« on: May 16, 2012, 08:18:46 PM »
Hi all, We are going to be in Arillas in 3 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours and 41 minutes, (not that we are counting or anything). What we would like to know is what is the best way to visit Mathraki and Othonoi, I think that we would like to visit during the day for some sightseeing but maybe return in the evening for dinner if its possible to get there and back without an overnight stay. All your advice and suggestions will be very much appreciated.
Regards Ray and Sally.

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Mathraki and Othonoi
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »
there are 3 trip suppliers in arillas .and all will fix you up with the trip by boat we always use olga,s or arkokal  ,,give em a try ...yammas

Offline Ray and Sally

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »
Thanks, any idea of approximate costs and do you know if they do an evening return trip.
cheers.

Offline Simon Wyett

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 05:37:04 PM »
You can take the waterbus from st. Stefanos I think it's 6 euro return but you need to check times posted at the harbour.

Offline Ray and Sally

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »
Thanks, I'll give that a try, I just need to find out if it runs in the evening now.

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:59:49 PM »
also google arkokal travel ,,for there price list in excursions,,,yammas

Offline Sparky

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »
My wife and went to Mathraki throu Olga a couple of years ago but I don't believe there is an evening trip.  Got there via san stefanos which olga took 4 of us in her own car, and the boat was carrying everything - windows and doors for a new house included.  When you get off the boat there is a lovely restaurant but we couldn't find anything else except a pretty church right up the top of the hill.  Boat choked on a plastic bag on the way back causing a lot of steam/smoke but all added to the adventure.  If you venture inland, take plenty of water as there isn't anywhere to buy anything. The boat leaves around 1000 and leaves around 1530, back in san stefanos about 1700.

Offline Ray and Sally

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 07:12:28 AM »
Thanks very much.

Booking.com