Author Topic: Creepy crawlies  (Read 3836 times)

Offline fd

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Creepy crawlies
« on: September 02, 2005, 10:43:14 PM »
Can anyone tell me are there a lot of creepy crawlies about in Arillas, I have heard about the mozzies and seen some photos of lizards although i dont mind the lizards but i hate spiders.

Also and i know this may sound stupid but are there any dangerous fish around the waters of Arillas as i fancy doing some snorkeling but dont fancy meeting anything bigger than me  :shock:

Seen jaws to many times

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Creepy crawlies
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 08:36:34 AM »
Hi, I havent seen any spider's but I havent been looking for them, I hate them. If you really want to know where to find them in Corfu, I suggest you read My family and other animals. :lol:  Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Creepy crawlies
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 01:50:45 PM »
didnt see too many creepy crawliesjust mosquitos,n these wee flashing bugs at night they wer cool, their tail flashes relly bright lite.look out for them i thought they wer fairy lights in the bushes  :lol:
didnt see any mad fish but think further out in the sea ya get the morey eels, not around the shore,there is a pic on the list of pics of the day of a quy who caught a morey eel,excuse the spellin,  :oops:

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Creepy crawlies
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 09:46:02 PM »
Hi,We didnt see any spiders but on our first night in Arillas last year my husband and son went for a game of pool at the Sea Breeze.My husband ordered a glass of red wine half way down he noticed a GREAT BIG beetle.A coulple of nights after that we were sitting out side our apartment and one of those beetles went flying past.They were horrible.Just watch your drink!!!cx ps they were deep red
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
local wildlife
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 12:32:51 AM »
Yes a few lizards, the fireflys  oh & don`t forget the toads/Frogs that gather in the stream  under the bridge on the beach... I`m still looking for photo`s of any wildlife spotted in & around Arillas...it seems few and far between.We return in Ocober for 2 weeks so will have to get my Safari kit out!!!
I set up a web site to see if anyone would send me anything they had but not a lot of response...take a peep @l ink beow

http://www.arillas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

I live in hope

Offline Stranger

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Creepy crawlies
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 05:14:33 PM »
Nice looking front page there kes, I'll certainly send you some wildlife pics when Mrs S and I get back  8), remind me if I forget.
Take only photographs leave only footprints.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
creepy crawlies
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 05:52:30 PM »
Hi Richard ,thanks for photo of the turtle, have put it on the slide show,but I did not receive the photo of  Yannis  horse.Any others would be appreciated

http://www.arillas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Yours is the first I have received so thanks again.
Kes

Booking.com