Author Topic: Eating out :-)  (Read 12675 times)

Offline Debs1962Wales

Eating out :-)
« on: May 28, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »
Can anyone give me an idea of eating out prices in Arillas pleas ...iwill be arriving 2nd July with my 16yr old son ...just need to make sure that i have enough spends as i cannot walk long distances and there is no cash machine in Arillas .....5 weeks today and counting :-))

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Eating out :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »
where are you staying?? there are loads of places along the beach, we all have our favourites, they all offer good value for money, you won't be disappointed
ger x

Offline Debs1962Wales

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »
Staying at the Akti Arilla Thanks for the info ger ;-)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
oh we are staying at the akti, but we leave on the 2nd july. you are well placed there, they do lovely food if you dont want to venture out, or turn left and brouklis is just up the road (sunday night spit roast lamb is a must!) there is a new pizza place there too, or turn right towards the beach and your choice is endless
enjoy!!!
ger x

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »

Hi Debs, lots of places have set menus, average for these about 9-12 euros pp. With a choice of meals.
You can also get things like pizza or homemade burgers, sandwiches and the like for lunch, but we usually have brunch about 10.30am 3-5 euros for a good breakfast and something from the bakery late afternoon.
 I would say the average from an extensive menu for a three course meal for two with wine is about 30-40 euros.
You can pay a lot more if you like extravagant ..... or a lots less if you like simple.
The one thing you can be sure of is.....the food will be good whatever you choose.
Sorry I can' t really recommend anywhere because we have never had a meal in Arillas that we haven't enjoyed.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »
Just to give you an idea of the standard that you can expect :-
Peppers stuffed with Feta and sun-dried tomatoes, enjoyed at The Horizon just last week!
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
Hi Debs, we are at the Akti too and you arrive at the start of our second week. There are many many good places to eat, The Akti is good too so you don't always have to venture out. We have found the last couple of times you can get a starter and main for two with a jug of wine and a bottle of water for about 25-35 Euros depending on your choices, that gives you an idea. Most places are within a few minutes gentle stroll so most quite close and friendly :-).

Gary & Carolyn

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:44:06 PM »
Apart from the Brouklis (that goes without saying) we loved Effie's and the view!  Many a lovely meal we have had there, even when there was a thunderstorm and got a lift back to the Bardis Sun, grreat  fun!

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »
Hi Debs,

I have sent you a PM (Personal Message - click on your 'my messages' tab to see it)

Anne

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 02:06:23 PM »
Eating out? .....It all ends up looking like this

Mmmmmmmmm Nice

Offline Debs1962Wales

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »
Awww thank you everyone for your help and pics ...much appreciated 4 weeks and 4 days not that i am counting of course ;-)

Offline Sarah1

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 12:48:01 AM »
Have a wonderful holiday. I promise you will not be disappointed. You will eat well every night and not feel ripped off, wherever you eat you will be made to feel welcome and you will find your favourites but they will be too many to mention...bet you've booked for next year before this one is out!
Sarah

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33:08 AM »
Debs1962Wales, here are some of my favs. The whole list would be ridiculously long....

Eftihia (Effie) Extra garlic prawns (ask for extra or mention me)
Thalassa pepper chicken or penelope's delight
Mirage saganaki prawns
Brouklis bourdetto or bifteki AND galactoboureko
Vavilas medley or anything
Graziella garlic prawns... must I stop now?

Oh, all right,  just believe them all. Go anywhere and ask for anything and enjoy the amazing food they all offer.

Phil

Offline Debs1962Wales

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »
I am hoping i can still get my favourites too ...Tzatziki, Stifado, Lamb kleftika ....ooooohh i reallycant wait ,,it cannot come quick enough :-))

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »
Hi Debs,

Yes they all do your favourites so you really won't be disappointed!  Just remember to take some bigger clothes for the end of your holiday - the last time I went for 2 weeks I put on a stone!!

Might bump into you as we overlap!
Cheryl O

Booking.com