Author Topic: Thomas Cook transfers 2012  (Read 6591 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Thomas Cook transfers 2012
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
Hi all.  Arriving at Tria Adelphia at start of summer school hols this year.  I have dad mixed reports about the length of the transfers.  We are on a package with Thomas Cook.  Has anyone experienced a TC transfer at that time of year please?  (I refer to that time of year as I figure that there accommodations will be at full occuppency so in theory there should be less drop offs?)

Is it likely to be 2 hours or more likely 3 hours.  If the latter then is there a chance for a loo stop!  I know it is likely all in my head but as soon as I get on transfer buses ...

Offline Karen22

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Thomas Cook transfers 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:37:03 PM »
Back from our week at the wonderful Tria Adelphia on Monday.  The actual transfer itself was about an hour and a half, there were drop offs in Sidari and San Stephanos first.  The worst bit was actually getting on the coach at the airport.  For some reason the reps seemed particularly disorganised and we were sat on the coach for almost an hour before we left Corfu airport - never did get to the bottom of why that was!

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
I remember that the drop off were just in san stef  & Arillas, usually 1 - 1 & half hours. Enjoy the scenery, have a snooze. You are in Arillas before you know it.
Arillas before you know it x

Offline Angela66

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:16:50 PM »
That's good news, thanks everyone:)

Nan

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:34:03 PM »
Depends on a lot of variables like luggage offloading, how quickly the transfer coach leaves the airport, how many drop offs (as you said).

I would be prepared for a longer transfer with Thomas Cook mainly because they go via Sidari and San Steph. Thomson just do San Steph and Arillas in my experience.

Buy a bottle of water on the plane for the transfer. Pay a visit before leaving the airport terminal and then at least you can relax.

My advice is "Go with the flow" and you will soon be there enjoying your holiday :-)

Cheers Nan x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »
 Go with the flow, enjoy the ride and take it all in.
We have been in May July and October and have had Direct transfers Transfers via sidari and San Stef. plus a horendous transfer with Olympic, but in the end we have arrived in the best place on earth.

Go with the flow, enjoy the ride and take it all in, Arillas will be waiting for you with her arms open wide.

Will you be over in July Nan? hope to bump into you again.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:40 AM »
pick yer moment Nan and you might share it with us as well. Now that would be a Brouklis first. Leeks, refs and hippies on one table.... Would have to be No. 13.....

Olympic transfers are notoriously bad. Our first time was awful and have never risked it again. The best route for Arillas is via Paleokastritsa, when you get dropped off first, before San Stefanos. Thomson did that in October 2007 when we stayed at Kaloudis.

TC and all the tour ops "optimise" it to suit their costs so it adds time to the arrival. But it would be better if they charged a little bit more and made it pleasant for ALL of their customers.

We always go independent, and now budget for a taxi each way. NO not the tour operators taxis, they add 100% to the price the driver gets, and take another slice out of your holiday budget. You can jump in a taxi at the airport and negotiate a decent price.

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »
You can jump in a taxi at the airport and negotiate a decent price.

...or book the taxi in advance over the internet as I always do with Noula from San Stefano Travel. No fuss - just straight to Arillas 8)

Life is good ;)

Offline Angela66

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 08:41:27 AM »
Thanks again everyone:)

My worries over the length of the transfer are purely regarding 'loo' issues, lol.  Thus on another thread titled 'what's the first thing you will do when you arrive in Arillas' my laughing response was go to the loo!

Still, I think I shall stick with the coach this time, since the taxi there and back would be three meals out or a days boat hire and as a mum budgeting is always an issue.

Dependent on this transfer however, NEXT time I come to Arillas I may well opt for taxi - as I am already positive this will be the first visit of many:)

Thanks again

Booking.com