Author Topic: Thomas Cook Video  (Read 6048 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Thomas Cook Video
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »
Thomas Cook got the wrong location on the map but the rest is OK and I can take the micky out of Gary in two weeks time as he is in close up. Maybe this is why people saw a camera crew in Arillas a few weeks ago.

Offline dave mull

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Thomas Cook Video
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »
haha
gary has gone true greek ,they should have filmed sharon dressed in black chasing a donkey with a stick

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:42:32 PM »
Crikey me!  The voice over would put me off!  Seriously, this would not incentivise me to visit Arillas!  I am so glad I booked before ever seeing this video!  What on earth are TC playing at!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »
I love Thomas and family in this one

<iframe width="420" height="315" src=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »
 wrong again, one day I will be able to post a vidio on here myself Terry but for noe here is the link. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Angela66

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:27:51 PM »
Vivian, it is videos like that to which you link that sell Arillas:)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 12:51:24 AM »
What I find so appalling about that video is that Thomas Cook are putting it out as an advertisement and as Terry says, they have completely the wrong side of the island!! You would think they would do their research properly before going into action!!!
Sandy x

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 01:21:40 AM »
I hope the TC pilots know where Corfu is and the reps realise that Arillas does not sit next to Kassiopi. God help us all

A different
Gary

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:25 AM »
Never realised that Baltonsborough is no longer next to Glastonbury, but now it's next to Weston Super Mare..... About the same distance apart as the faux pas in their video.

But at least they're promoting it. Or are they? Or are they still just telling people that it is fully booked and sending them to Turkey?

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
Not the best of video promotion for Arillas but better than nothing

Although it was not so long ago that TC pulled out of quite a few places in Arillas. Let’s hope they are about to push and promote Arillas and get more people to enjoy what we know to be a wonderful destination to spend a holiday.

Offline jackson

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 09:02:50 PM »
if i can be a bit selfish im glad TC got it wrong then Arillas can remain the same quaint wonderfull place a bit longer I dont want it to get like sidari any sooner thank you i like it just the way it is

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:25 PM »
Well said Jackson.

Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 11:10:27 PM »
I think any publicity for Arillas, has got to be good in the current climate and I don't think it would ever get like Sidari.

The businesses in Arillas need to be sustained and I do hope the video attracts people to the village irrespective of who they book with. The people who book with Thomas Cook still spend money in the shops, bars and tavernas.

If Arillas is busy we are all being protected for holidays, in our favourite place, for years to come.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »
I want the businesses in Arillas to survive and to keep offering the mix they do. Their big selling point is the lack of high-rise, all-inclusive, tour-operator driven "holidays." I don't think that can ever change, because the money would go to bigger, more lucrative resorts.

Though Faliraki in Rhodes probably proves me wrong. In 1980 it was hardly more than two huts on a gorgeous sandy beach and twenty years later it was a notorious televised den of debauchery. (Quite enjoyed the trip back to see it in 2006 though..... Can cope with a bit of debauchery.) But I guess Corfu has learned from the Kavos experience.

Arillas would not be quaint or loveable if most of it looked like Whispers has for many years. And it is not in danger of being swamped with neon holiday tourist rubbish for many years to come. And if it ever does, the likes of Dimitris will prevent it happening.

Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 03:19:21 PM »
Maybe I`m overreacting but I think getting the location wrong is totally unjustified.  They`re tour operaters, for God sake!!

Anyway, rant over.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com