Author Topic: Prices in Arillas  (Read 12882 times)

Offline Ellieholl

Prices in Arillas
« on: June 17, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
Hello people
I am going to Arillas in 3 weeks time for the 1st time after holidaying in San Steph. for the last 3 yrs which has been absolutely fabulous.
I keep hearing horror stories about the prices in Greece this year due to the econmic position.
Has anyone been to Arillas in the last few weeks and if so what were the prices like?
Any information would be appreciated to give me an idea on how much holiday cash to take.
Staying at Kaloudis or Splish Splash - very confusing. Any comments on apartments?
Thank you
Eleanor

Offline TraceyB

Re: Prices in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:56:47 PM »
Hi.  Fifth time in Arillas this year, stayed at the Kaloudis for the first time in May. Block A apartment 1 at the top.  Apartments ok, cleaned most days. Lovely & peaceful, gardens are well maintained. Pool meals very nice as were breakfasts.  The complex also has a supermarket which was reasonably priced & run by a lovely pleasant lady.  I never noticed the prices increasing to be honest in the resort itself, 2 euro for a beer @ malibu.  The price of meals out seemed the same, certainly not put up & in fact I thought there were some really good offers.  The breakfast deal at the marina for 5 euros was excellent.  I hope you enjoy your stay in Arillas I'm sure you will we love it there,  roll on September for my next visit staying at the mirage

Offline Ellieholl

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
Thanks for that..... all sounds good.  Glad to hear the prices haven't changed much and apartments are quiet.  Maybe we will be converts to Arillas...... roll on 6th July.  Have you stayed at the Mirage before?

Offline TraceyB

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »
Hi.  Yes stayed there last year, very nice, big & well equipped, again very quiet & peaceful.  The Kaloudis also have a quiz night which is good fun.  I'm sure you will be converted during your stay in Arillas, we have been coming for about five years.  We hadn't heard of the place when we had our first visit, staying at the Makris but absolutely loved it & haven't wanted to go anywhere else since.  Lovely chilled out place with great people.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »

....... and perfectly placed .

Virtually on the beach and a couple of hundred yards to the centre of Arillas.

Enjoy.

Angie

Offline Ellieholl

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 10:32:45 PM »
Thanks Angie - really looking forward to it.  Everyone on the forum is so enthusiatic about Arillas and although we have holidayed in San Stef the last 3 years we have never ventured to Arillas for some reason.   Can't wait to feel the sun rays, chill out and eat good food.
Eleanor

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »
Hi, Arillas is heaven on earth.  Kaloudis do fab food and bar snacks, the whole place is amazing, walk down the hill and you must try the breakfast in the Marinaki, amazing value, also visit George and Kinga in the Malibu bar, plus eat at the Amourada and Brouklis, everywhere is fab, pay a visit to Nikos and his wonderful views at the top of the donkey track. The Atki do great pizza with a chilled out vibe............................shall I go on ????

Offline Pammie-w

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
I stayed at the Mirage last year & was very happy! couldnt get booked in there this year as no single rooms available so Im staying at Brouklis but I will be a frequent visitor to Mirage's lovely pool!

Offline Ellieholl

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 10:16:01 PM »
Great info.... thanks everyone.  Can't wait to be there.

Offline Pammie-w

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »
Just flicked through last years diary and prices are the same this year. Main course starts at around 7 euros. 2 course meal deals can be found for 10 euros. large beer from 2 euros. vodka & tonic ( which is extremely large) 4.50 at the coconut. cocktails 5 euros (4 at happy hour). prices of the excursions all the same.
all cheaper than at home!!

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 02:51:56 PM »
We also found the prices similar to 2008 and 2010, we did find that the hire of the good ship Olga (10hp) from the beach for the day was 5 euros cheaper than 2010. The fuel we used was also less than 2010, though that could be down to my pedestrian driving. :-)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 03:17:51 PM »
2.5 weeks in, I can report that Mythos/Draught RI will cost you 2.5 or 3 euros.
Long drings (ha ha) are usually 4 euros, but so bladdy large you can swim in them.
We paid 5 for Black Russian in the Nut in 2008 and the same last night.

The spectacular food is the same price as well. 3 course special at Graziella is 11 euros.

Don't let the UK press frighten you. Arillas is even better value for money now.

Phil

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »
I would say that prices are no different to three years ago or even longer. The only expensive item is petrol.

Offline mickandsue

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »
And don't forget last year the pound got you about 1.12 euros
Today at the marina 1.26 euros

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 06:42:14 PM »
We paid 5 for Black Russian in the Nut in 2008 and the same last night.
Phil

I hope you didn't let him take Jen home, Phil.
But..... If he took you home then I would be a worried man.
And.... was it the same guy who was around in 2008? He must be wearing well
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com