Author Topic: Re: strategic airlines  (Read 22588 times)

Offline buzz1107

Re: strategic airlines
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:14:10 PM »
hi, i know this is a change of subject but i cant work out where else to put a post, but has anyone flown with strategic airlines? im flying out this weekend to corfu with olympic and it has changed from monarch airlines to strategic. i have never heard of them and just wondered what kind of a company they are. this holiday has been a nightmare we have had flights changed, accomodation changed and its all feeling a bit doomed! im just hoping that this airline is really good and the planes arent ramshackled old sheds!

Offline mickandsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »
We flew to Corfu with strategic airlines a couple of weeks ago. We were a little apprehensive as we had never heard of them either but I can reassure you everything was fine. Both outward and inbound flights were on time. The interior of the plane had seen better days but was comfortable and the cabin crew were fine. There were no tv or radio. Overall we had no complaints and wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again.

Offline Curt

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Rare Corfu Lizard
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:28 PM »
Shelley and I flew with Strategic in July and I have got no complaints ... even recommended !

Funny though , the pilot announced :

" sorry the air conditioning is not that good but its like everything on these old planes !"

Well that obviously puts you at rest !!!

In fact it was better than Easyjet and the food was was as Good as it gets on a plane !

Have a great holiday !!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:33:35 PM »
" sorry the air conditioning is not that good but its like everything on these old planes !"

OMG. I hate air travel with a passion. But if the pilot said that to me I would have a panic attack and cause a big scene as they carried me off in a straight-jacket, foaming at the mouth.

I still worry about being 6 miles above the earth in a toothpaste tube that is being pressurised from inside. No wonder I turn to alcohol to get me through it. Anyone else feel like this? I've been in so many now but never feel different.

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »

Not flown with Strategic, but love every flight I have ever taken, so would probably love them as well.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »
We used them last year, old but ok, owner is the bloke who used to run Excel! for those of us who can remember! he got the contract with Olympic after they fell out with Monarch last year, he just got a job lot of old planes to deliver contract, they looked suspiciously like the old Excel ones to us!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »

Don't think I would like them after all !!
Excel folding spoilt an awful lot of holidays.

Val x

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 12:10:15 AM »
Especially ours Val, we now have to fly from Belfast to the mainland to get a plane to Corfu, but it's well worth it! Have contacted Easyjet a few times asking if they would consider even a short summer route, say July/August, but no luck so far but will keep trying as most of the english flights mean an overnight stay either on the way out or on the way back although we used Gatwick this year and although we were cutting it fine on the way back, we managed to get both flights on the same day.  Will probably use Gatwick again next year provided they keep their flight times the same.  It was a pity that Excel went out of business as they led us to Arillas in the first place so we would have to  thank them at least for that!

Sandra and Jim

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 07:15:55 PM »
Yes, Phil I feel just like that every time!!!  I thought it was only me!!

Anyway, to get to Arillas it just seems so much more worth it!

Take care   Mavis x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »

The only flights I don't really enjoy are transatlantic, so so boring, all that sea. :(

I am the woman who gets off the plane with the front of her hair stuck up like a fan from having my head against the window all the way across Europe. :)

Val x

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 10:26:47 AM »
you may well find you're not travelling with Strategic after all, Olypmic have dropped them with immediate effect, howver anyone with seats booked will still be fine as they've chartered other planes instead, you're flight times and terminals of departure etc won't change.
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »
Strategic have gone into liquidation.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 05:50:38 PM »
Not a good strategy