Author Topic: Do I need to book a table?  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Do I need to book a table?
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »
Hi all:). Just about a fever pitch now we are finally into July!  Just over two weeks to go and counting the seconds.

So, another question for all you Arillas regulars.  I simply have to eat in Brouklis during the first few evenings - maybe not the very first night since I will need to get my bearings, but definitely the second or third night.  Now there is only my daughter and I and we eat relatively early - 8.30 or do.  So, will I need to book a table?  If so, how far in advance please?  I lead a busy and time constrained lifestyle with work, Lovi's hobbies etc, so it is really nice not to have to plan to much on holiday:(

Offline Sarah1

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Do I need to book a table?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 11:07:39 PM »
If you head further out of Arillas on that road please try Captain's - same side of road as Brouklis and opposite Marvel hotel and Rainbow. The food is great - generous portions, really reasonable prices and the young man front of house is so nice (his name escapes me). If you like red wine try their carafe of house - no complaints! And if you go that far up pop in to Tria Adelphia and ask what 'specials' night stamna's on - it's amazing but don't have a starter...hope you have a fantastic holiday - let us know how you got on when you get back :-)
Sarah

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 11:11:58 PM »

The only time we book a table is Sunday (spit roast lamb)...... or the night we leave, so as to be sure that we get the time we want before being picked up.
Just being two of us Dimitris has always found us a table within a few minutes.
I would recommend booking for four or more though, if you want a certain time as Brouklis is very popular.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 11:19:15 PM »
Angela, we rarely book anywhere, but in July at weekends it might be advisable. Certainly book Vavilas at weekends - it's the only one we have ever been turned away from when it was full, though that night nearly everywhere was too. We just about got a table in Graziella as some others left. It's a rarity though.

Brouklis is very popular, so for peace of mind you might want to book. But as Sarah says, Captains Table is just up the road, and very good. Daunting portions - you need to be hungry!!

Have a great time. Will see you there I expect.

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:21:59 PM »
I agree with Val - you shouldn't need to book for two......but if you decide to, just pop in during the morning of the same day and Dimitris will reserve a table for you.  You are in for a treat...
Sandy x

Offline nicmccluskey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »
Hiya
I agree with all posts. However, I can also defo recommend 'mammy's' cooking in The Marvel. Still think its one of my highlights!!!! And you dont need to book there! Just make sure you sre hungry!!
Enjoy- may even see you
Nicola

Offline Sarah1

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »
Oh - actually 'Angela66' you're staying at Tria aren't you? You can sample all their fare!
Sarah

Offline Sarah1

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »
Nicola, we sat opposite Marvel many times but when we were there it was deserted - I'm sure we will be back in Arillas next year so we will definitely give it a try next time - thanks
Sarah

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 12:12:04 AM »
Yes Sarah, we are the Tria and I have been admiring your fab photos on their FB group page.  Also you video linked to from this forum - simply breath taking:)

My mouth is now watering at the thought of all the food we shall sample.  Have been cutting down a little over the past few weeks, preparing for that bikini moment - all you fellow females know what I mean ... Those initial seconds when you disrobe around the pool, down to your bikini, and dazzle everyone with your luminous blue white skin - no tan to disguise the cellulite.   Haha - I am sure it is all in our heads! 
Anyway, no matter, nine pounds have been shed and I aim to thoroughly enjoy putting them all back on during my fortnight in Arillas:)

Offline Sarah1

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
Angela - Hmmm, I lost 14lbs before I went and put on 10 in the 2 weeks we were there...now I have to lose it all again before I go to Kalkan, Turkey with my sister in August! (Tell Helen I blame her cooking and Phil's beer!!)
Sarah

Offline Martin_G

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 01:28:42 AM »
I think putting weight on in Arillas is std lol, well it is for me!! Only Saturday nights in Marina can be busy, but 8pm, you should be ok..

Offline Sarah1

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »
Hi Martin G - you made a very nice comment about my husband's film of Arillas and North Corfu this week - made me smile because he too is a Martin G - people will think he posted that himself!! :-)
Sarah

Booking.com