Author Topic: Arriving 16th July...Can`t come quick enough!  (Read 3663 times)

Offline GeoffinBeds

Arriving 16th July...Can`t come quick enough!
« on: July 06, 2012, 04:11:55 PM »
Only 10 days to go for our first stay in Arillas, staying at the Akti Hotel. Stayed in San Stef last year, and Peroulades the year before. While in San Stef we did "the walk" into Arillas one day. Just can`t wait to get there. We don`t drive abroad, and wondered if there was any kind of bus service in Arillas, or are taxis available in the area please? After spending our honeymoon in Corfu, this will be our 3rd year running on the island, and it feels like we are hooked already! New to this site and haven`t explored it much yet, so apologies for my questions which must have been answered many times before! My wife and I are both in our 50`s, but have yet to grow up..Hope to meet new people when we arrive....Yammas, Geoff and Lin in a soggy, wet Bedfordshire!

Online jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Arriving 16th July...Can`t come quick enough!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »
hi geoff we to are coming on the 16th taxi service is available but no bus service unless you book  a trip while you are in arillas. there is SOES rent a car which is opposite the coconut bar which can sort trips and taxis out for you hope this helps out a little bit

Offline GeoffinBeds

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:33:07 PM »
Hi Jackson. Thanks very much for the info. Just wishing the days away now..

Offline suzanne simcox

• Arillas regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »
We arrive on 16th too, 4 of us staying at The Rainbow, been coming for around 19yrs, sometimes twice a yr, not been for 3yrs, since my stroke, so looking forward to returning, albeit in a wheelchair ;-) And hopefully no rain

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
Welcome to the Forum namesake -  I think that makes 3 of us now with a "G"
Taxis have to come from Sidari, so wherever you go that tends to make it a bit more expensive.
Driving on Corfu isn't as bad as you might think, particularly if you are not driving into Corfu town, and it is a really great way to see other parts of the island. But there are a couple of travel offices in Arillas that can fix you up with all kinds of trips, including a "shopping" trip into Corfu Town if that's what you want. But I think you will find that, like a lot of people that use this forum, Arillas has so much going for it that you wont want to go anywhere else!
Whatever you decide to do there is no doubt that you will have a great time.!
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »
That's at least 4 of us arriving on the 16th.

Why don't we share a taxi/mini bus.

John

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »
oh how i envy you, i am still suffering from withdrawl symptoms, we left the akti last monday, we had room 214 opposite the malibu, kinga's laugh is highly infectious, and george plays some pretty decent music to have a cuppa to in the afternoons, after a gruelling day on the beach ha ha!! there are walks to do, bars to visit tavernas to eat at. whatever, you will have a fab time.
ger x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 04:48:56 AM »
Hi Geoff (and wife!) Welcome to the forum and glad to see you have seen the Arillas light haha. You will just love the chilled-out vibe at the Akti and just HOW close is that beach??!! Remember to let us all know how u got on.

Booking.com