Author Topic: TC Meals Onboard  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
TC Meals Onboard
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »
Hi all.  Since we have a very early start, and it may be 3 pm minimum before we get to Arillas, I am debating whether to pay for Thomas Cook inflight meals.  I know they will not be to good but am wondering exactly how dire they are, lol?

Has anyone experienced them this year please?

Offline Sarah1

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: TC Meals Onboard
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:28:38 AM »
They are edible but they are totally overpriced. We prefer to have a big breakfast in the airport and then buy a coffee on the plane and take a chocolate bar/biscuits or something snacky from home. First thing we do when we arrive is dump the bags and have lunch at Tria. Personally I would only order a meal now on a long haul flight and that would only be to give us something to do!
Sarah

Offline daisyday

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
We wouldn't normally pay for TC meals but have done so for our flight in Sept - we guessed with flight time 5.45 am (or thereabouts) our check in would be 3.45 am and guessed nowhere would be open at the airport so we have pre-paid for meals.  Hopefully breakfast on plane will be about 7 am ish - probably just right and will keep us going til arrival at Arillas when we will throw ourselves at the nearest taverna that draws us in! 

Roll on Sept!

Offline sheila

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 11:41:54 AM »
To be honest we always get breakfast on the plane just part of the hols.We fly TC and breakfast is not normally that bad.
SHEILA

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »
Angela, have you got your E-ticket yet?  If so, check it because I didn't order a meal but my tickets say it's included.  I'm going TC too.  From past experience, the meals are ok, nothing special but passes 45 mins of the flight!

There's Burger King and loads of other places to get some breakfast before you board if you want so you'll be fine whatever you decide to do.
Cheryl O

Offline daisyday

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »
I am travelling TC, booked my holiday online and selected meals - when final balance letter came meals had been excluded!  I rang them up and they re-added them but had to pay cost £32 for 2 of us.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 01:35:55 PM »

If you opt for meals you have to take them for your return flight as well. TC do snacks on board but they are expensive for what you get.
We always book meals if it's an early flight because breakfast is ok. Also we don't buy food at Corfu airport, horrible and very overpriced.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Angela66

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »
Cheers everyone:). Think I will get the meals then; our flight is very early morning, well before airport hotel breakfasts start.  Only two weeks to go now:) yammas

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »

Forgot to say when we travelled with TC in May both meals were ok, chicken curry going and breakfast coming back. It cost us 10 euros for two coffees at Rhodes airport.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Booking.com