Author Topic: Wine festival 2013  (Read 14853 times)

Offline Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
Re: Wine festival 2013
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 02:24:37 PM »
 All booked - 4th - 11th September :-)
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline jeffers

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:49 PM »
where abouts in arillas is the wine festival held. we arrive on the 3rd of september. its our first holiday in arillas . we would love to go to the festival
Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »
Jeffers
You can't miss the wine festival, it will be on the piece of land just up from Brouklis Taverna on the left.

If you are on the front by the jetty just walk about 300 yards up the road past the coconut bar continue past the junction at Amourada, Brouklis is on the left 
Have fun we don't get over till the week after so going to miss it.

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 11:33:15 PM »
Hi Jeffers and welcome!
The festival is held on the grassland just up from Brouklis Taverna on the left if the sea is behind you. Let us know where you are staying and we can direct you from there - or just follow everyone else lol x

Offline Anne

• Retired and loving it!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 11:35:19 PM »
I am getting excited now - I can almost smell the wine :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
Welcome. As a newbie, please don't feel patronised. The wine festival is held on land between Brouklis and Rainbow.

From the sea front, find the road junction (should be quite easy, opposite the jetty) with Marina hotel on left and Sharon's Pool Bar on right as you look inland. Walk up there past Yiota's shop and Coconut and Malibu Bar. A beautiful taverna covered in flowers (Armourada) is on your left. Big road junction there but carry on. Whispers and Brouklis are on your left.

The wine festival is a little way further past Brouklis on the left. I have only had the pleasure of it once, in 2008. I tried to retire then but failed. I now teach Java programming in a post 16 college. Would love to buy my big jug (3 euros) and have it filled over and over again.... Dimitris took pictures of me in front of the queue that year. His pics are buried somewhere on this forum.

Hope it is as good for you and your family.
Phil

Offline Anne

• Retired and loving it!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 11:39:14 PM »
Jeffers - dont be a stranger - come and say hello to Phil and I - we would love to meet you xxxx

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 09:13:39 AM »
were gonna miss the wine festival,BUT we do have the chance,to meet up with anne & phil. sue and dave on there last day at marvel as we arrive,,,,and of course were gonna meet up with john the ref &dot ..gonna be a great holiday ,talking to people for yrs on the forum then actually meeting them ,better then any wine festival,,yiammasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Offline jeffers

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 12:18:49 PM »
Thank you very much for all your replies. we have visited Arillas a couple of times just for the day and liked it.   so decided to have a weeks holday. sounds like it is a friendly place
Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

Offline ulfire

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 11:35:07 PM »
Why do we always miss the wine festival ? :(

Booking.com