Author Topic: Another new Restaurant in Afionis  (Read 11951 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Another new Restaurant in Afionis
« on: July 19, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but there is another new restaurant in Afionis. I am not sure of the name but it is above the bakery and it is owned by Yiannis and Litsa who were at Thalassa a few tears ago. I haven't been there but some friends, Bill and Marion, went a few weeks ago and they said the food and ambience of the place was fantastic. I think the name is a bit like Thalassa.

Has anyone else been?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Another new Restaurant in Afionis
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »
Not yet Terry, but Spiros told us about it the other night, and wild horses will not keep us away. I think it is called the Blue House, but don't rely on that. It is indeed above the bakery so will be very easy to find.

Yannis, and then Yannis and Litsa were the beginning of our Arillas love affair in 2002/3. If we can do anything to repay their kindness to us, and their help in easing us into this lifestyle we have found, we will. Big time.

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
Andrea and Peter went when they were there a few weeks ago - don't think it is called the Blue House any more but can't remember what she said.....but I do recall she said it was lovely and food to die for.
Sandy x

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 09:44:54 PM »
How do you get back to Arillas after having evening meal at restaurants in Afionas please?  Is it ok to walk back in the dark or is there some transport available?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 12:21:55 AM »
We also have very fond memories if Litsa and Yianni, they used to push the twins around in their pram so we could eat! The twins are now 13! How time flies eh! Cannot WAIT to try their gorgeous place x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 03:17:44 AM »
Angela we often pay for a taxi. But women and men can walk anywhere here without any fear of attack or abuse.

Jo meluvver, bladdy go for it.

Sandy my estranged and absent Arilliac, what about a taxi share, and a visit there next week? Any food delivered by Yanni and Litsa will be to die for. I can talk about other subjects than Arillas, but like you I never do.

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
LOL Phil....would love to go there next week but sadly I don't arrive until 1 August!!

Looks like there may be a few spectacular storms nex week.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
Next week? Week after? whatever. We'll never fit it in to our mad "last" week here. But never say never.

look after yersel dearest.
Phil

Offline Marion

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »
Glad I found this thread - we were in Arillas in June and visited Litsa and Yannis Restaurant - it was superb. The food and decor absolutely fantastic - the view from the terrace outstanding and we were made so welcome.  We promised to visit again during our stay but as usual ran out of time - does anyone know Litsa's email I would love to contact her.  Many thanks Marion and Keith

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 02:54:53 AM »
Thanks for the post Marion. Nothing you say surprises me. Yanni and Litsa are some of the world's most beautiful people. It's not surprising that what they do is beautiful too.

Phil

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »
Hi All

WOW great news Yanni and Litsa sold arillas to us a few years back
we were disappointed when they left, seemingly without trace, but the girl next door in costas on the beach is their cousin she told us thay have gone to the main land .
And do not forget yanni and litsas dog charlie the fat lab
We will go and see them and surprise them what good news

kevin and beverly

Offline b.dunkerley

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
I am glad Terry put the taverna on the website, I completely forgot to do it, when I got back the other week. My wife (Marion) and I went there and we had a wonderful reception from Yiannis. Its great the way they always remember people, although they must see hundreds of faces each year. Yiannis reserved a table for us in the evening. What a view across the sea, breathtaking. Litsa came out to say hello during the evening, taking time out from her very busy kitchen. The food was excellent, all hand written menus and the place is such a delight. Many of the locals go there also later a night, so its got to be good.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 06:10:39 PM »
I still don't know the name of the restaurant Bill, and there were too many of us to go for a meal last week. I hope you and Marion are well, but I guess you have arillasitis like the rest of us.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 08:10:10 PM »
Terry, what did the rest of the family make of Arillas? have they got the bug?! I think that makes it TWO holiday reports you owe us.....

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »
They all loved it Jo. Four were already Arillas addicts and know we have five more.

I have lots to write about and lots of photos, but its been a hectic few weeks, so I have just done one video for now. I'm not so eloquent as most of the people on here so I have to rely more on pics and vids.

The family holiday took a long time to organise and I am so glad it was such a fantastic time, plus I can relax as I just  found out that the others are back home safe. It was very emotional leaving the nine family members behind on Saturday morning at the Horizon. It was just a shame that we couldn't have managed all 7 days together.

One thing that did make  it special was the hospitality, friendship, and fun with the Marinos, Danielle, Mary and the rest of the family and staff at the Horizon. Arillas is the best place ever and staying at the Horizon makes it even more special.

Booking.com