Author Topic: Alex studios,advice please asap.  (Read 10672 times)

Offline claire43

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Alex studios,advice please asap.
« on: August 13, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »
I am newbie to this forum but after booking our holiday at the start of this year to Arillas I found your website and it has made us really excited to see this place that you all so obviously love!

But here is our problem....I booked the large 4 roomed appartment at Alex studios in January2012 and paid at the time 700euros... we arrive on 18th August (5 days to go), yesterday we had a phone call from Booking.com to say we are double booked and we will be in a place just behind Alex studios and there will be room for me hubby and our 3 teenage children.We need an appartment because we need to be able to prepare some meals there.(we would love to eat out 3x  a day but our finances wont allow that unfortunatly!)  So do any of you know this place behind Alex studios? and if by the remotest chance any of you do could you let me know? We had been so excited but this is a real worry as we now really have no idea what to expect. Many thanks

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Alex studios,advice please asap.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »
I cannot think which apartments Booking.com are referring to...perhaps another member will know.

I'd have slight concerns about their reference to "a place just behind Alex Studios"...after all Booking.com hardly have a representative in the resort and most likely be making this statement based on a map.

You really must contact Booking.com and press them into naming the apartments they have relocated you to....700 euros is a lot of money to be placing faith in their judgement.

Eileen.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
Slightly confusing in that there are Alex studios and Alexandros studios. Alex studios are on the sea front in the middle. I think there is a small villa (Thomas?) behind them and, according to the map Marietta's (studios?)

Nearest to Alexandros, at the southern end of town near the bakery, would be the Rainbow complex I think.

I agree totally with Eileen. If they give you the name of what they are proposing, there will be several people who can advise you on here. But they have left it disgracefuly late to inform you in my view.

best wishes
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
Claire

I need a private message with surname etc and I will try and find out exactly where you are to ease your mind.
(If I get your details by tomorrow morning then I am on the case!)
Negg

Offline claire43

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »
Thank you for speedy replies.

To Eggy, thank you but not sure how to leave those details?

Phoned booking .com who tell me that we were booked in to Alex Studios run by Alex and Stella who run the shop,but because they(Alex and Stella) overbooked they are putting us in another appartment behind the original one.My husband now wonders if its their own house! We have had a stressful year and our holiday was keeping us going but now at this short notice it feels very horrible,luckily our kids are older but imagine we had under 10's,what a nightmare! Never again!

Once again thanks and will keep you updated and will post when we get back on 26th.

Offline dave mull

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:46:47 PM »
hi claire
i dont know which appartments they mean either but im sure if you email stella or alex im sure they would put your mind at rest or contact stella on facebook ( Stella Goudeli )
hope this helps
     david

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 10:03:11 PM »
Claire click on Eggy's name, then go down to the bottom of his profile and click the option to send him a message.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
I'll make some enquiries tomorrow and have PM'd Claire.
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »

All details and telephone number for Alex and Stellas apartments are under Directory in the menu on the right of this page. Phone them if you can, you need to know what apartment they are offering and how well equipped the kitchen is.
If you can't get in touch don't worry if Eggy can help you he will, but you must follow Eileens advice about more details from Booking.com

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Pammie-w

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 11:33:35 PM »
The local shops are very expensive for food! Eg a pack of butter 4 euros! We found it was cheaper to eat out. or go to a supermarket just outside Corfu town. In particular the Creperie next to Alex minimarket on the sea front was very cheap! A very filling Gyros (kebab) is only 2.20 euros.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »
Claire, my friends stayed in Alex's a few years ago and i'm sure that they also have some other apartments which are behind your original one.  I am sure that everything will turn out ok xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »
Claire

PM on it's way to you. No reason to worry at all. I saw Stella and Alex today.

They will look after you well.

I just echo what Jo has just said.

My only tip, about self catering , is get some tea-bags and coffee in those suitcases. Maybe cereals without the box. Any small items.
Can you still buy "powdered milk? - Or instant Tea?
Wegg and I did it and I know many others do. Any more tips anyone??

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 08:02:35 PM »
We take a jar of coffee and a litre carton of UHT skimmed milk (we like 0.1% fat which you just can't get there) a bag of sugar and of course, a plastic litre bottle full of vodka. That's the voddie frappe sorted!

And we also take tea bags, about 1kg of cheese, some chocolatines and breakfast cereal, just ike Eggy suggests. Frozen butter might save you a few euros - quite expensive there. Thaws out on the way over.

Just watch the weight though! Excess luggage woould negate ALL of the savings.

Phil

Offline claire43

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »

Thank you all for the advice and help,it has  been great and stopped me from thinking we would be sleeping on the beach for the first night!

Basically when we booked, the description was 'a four roomed and two bathroom apartment' (which with 3 teenagers aged 19,19, and17)we welcomed, as showering seems to go on in this house most of the day! We have now had a phone call after Eggy went to see Stella and also booking.com rang her and she has said that we have the same apartment but with one bathroom less! Quite where its gone I couldn't work out,but at least we still have a holiday.
Now feeling excited again to finally see Arrilas and try some of these lovely places to have dinner! Once again thank you all especially Eggy who really worked hard on our behalf,Thanks ... Claire

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 10:41:49 PM »

Claire, if you bring nothing else bring tea coffee butter and BACON, Eggy how did you forget that? ;)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Booking.com