Author Topic: Is this acceptable ???  (Read 22225 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Is this acceptable ???
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
Hi All,
Just wanted an opinion really , as it may just be me being a bit unfair,,,,,
We ordered a transfers to and from the airport , 90 euros each way for 5 adults and 1 child. There was just us in a minibus to Tria , which was what I PRESUMED would be the case but on our return the minibus was packed (17 in it I think) and I ended up with my daughter on my lap all the way back!
Is this the "norm" as I expected private transfers, not a shuttle bus?
Its a hell of a money spinner if it is! I was told while we were there you can just jump in a taxi for 40 euro anyway so we would have been more comfortable and saved a few euro just getting two cabs.
As I say I may be being a little unfair here so please tell me if I am , I can take it ! he he
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Is this acceptable ???
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »
I've previously heard of multiple groups in the mini bus transfers.  I certainly don't think you are being unfair by commenting on it - I'd be rather miffed myself  having paid 90 euros to end up without a seat for one of my group.

We usually pay 54/55 euros for a taxi (but I'd be interested to know who is offering taxi transfers for 40 euros ;-) )- hindsight is a wonderful thing - but I'd say that on this occasion you would have been better off paying the extra to ensure a seat, not to mention the safety of your daughter.

Oh well I suppose it's a case of living and learning...you will know better next time ;-)

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
I think in a lot of cases it is a toss up between private transfer and shuttle bus. depends how many they have going at the one time - we have had private taxis or packed shuttles to some resorts. but having to sit with a child on your lap all that way is not acceptable and I would complain.... might not do you any good but will sure make you feel better!
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
The thing was when the minibus turned up for us we didn't expect to have others on there, as you say Eileen hindsight is a wonderful thing. We had to get on it really or risk not getting on the plane.
Someone round the pool said they just jump on one at the airport and pay 40 euros but I didn't see any at that price for pre booking.
As you say Blue Heather I don't think I will get anything back by complaining and you never know, we may well need the person that organised the transport for us another time so maybe I should just leave it ......

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
Iwas there end of july and it was 50 euros from olgas back to the airport from arillas

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:26:42 PM »
As a family of 5 we have no alternative but to get minibus. Arkokal Travel have always arranged this for us for 80 Euro. If he manages to get others to fill the bus he charges us less which I think is very fair.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 06:53:24 PM »
This is why I am not happy as we got stung for 90 euros Jo , 5 adults one child. NO reduction in price for the fact that there were 17 (I think) on the bus . If they all paid the same then thats about 270 euros AND they were taking people back from the airpirt to Arillas. I'm in the wrong job ! he he . I know these people have to earn a living and all that but I just feel like I have been taken for a ride a bit , literally .......
Arkokai it will be next year

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 07:05:23 PM »

Arkokai it will be next year

We always use Arkokal for our larger groups of guests...always reliable...and economical :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 08:31:11 PM »
Sad when these things happen. We have joined people in a minibus from airport twice before, but our fare was reduced from 50 to 30 euros each time. Both were peak season with Noula from San Stef travel, staying at Brouklis. We did get a seat!

I think your fare should have been cut to about that Truth (ie 30-40)  with the numbers involved. If Tria arranged it, would be good to let Philip know, who might be able to do something, and certainly prevent it in future.

Phil

Offline BILLYB

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:53 PM »
San Stef travel reduced our fare as well .I thought it was great of them as i didnt even have to ask they just knocked it off when we got there .Very honest

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »
We used San Stef as well and as there were 3 couples they reduced the price
and will use them in 2 weeks time again

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
I have just contacted the people that we booked with and will let people know in due course the outcome. I may have mentioned on a previous thread somewhere who we booked with but I don't really think I should mention the name of them here until I have given them a chance to "right the wrong". What I wlll say it had NOTHING to do with Phil at Tria at all. All of this is a shame really as it was a bit of a bad end to a fantastic holiday

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 01:00:51 AM »
I can't believe anyone jumped in a taxi this year at the airport and paid only 40 euros - more likley 60 or 70. Pre-booked taxis this year have been about 55 euros.

Noula at San Stef reduces the price in a minibus if it is full....always very reliable too.
Sandy x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 01:24:53 AM »
As i say i am just relaying what someone else said, i was never quoted a price that low when i was looking!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 02:13:27 AM »
We pre-book our taxi and pay 55 euros each way.
There are just two of us - but we ride in comfort, and chat to our lovely driver.
We booked him last year for September, and when we were in Arillas this year in May he was in the process of collecting someone and saw us and said hello...
We've booked him for this September

I would hate to have to share with others if I was not aware of it beforehand - my answer is "NO it is not acceptable"  It's not "typical" or "authentic" it is daylight robbery if you are not given a discount..

Janis x

Booking.com