Author Topic: Is this acceptable ???  (Read 22253 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Is this acceptable ???
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
Cheers Janis.
I've been a little surprised by the response I've had on the subject to be honest as I thought that some peoples love of Arillas on here would not allow them to say a bad thing about the place and its people. I was genuinely a bit nervous about posting about our problem for fear of upsetting people, I didn't want to do that as I find this forum helpful/intresting/amusing etc etc . AND we had a great holiday!!
Thanks everyone
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 01:32:33 PM »

Don't apologise for for stating you had a problem Karl, because as you can see everyone is in agreement with you.
This is what this forum is for, we all have information of one kind or another that we can share, good or bad, but if it makes a difference  to the enjoyment of Arillias we should share it, then maybe it can be resolved.

I hope you have a happy outcome, if I had booked a minibus for my family full price, then had to share then a reduction would have been expected.
The fact that your seven year old daughter had to sit on your knee for the journey is completely unacceptable.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »
Thanks Val.
I genuinely don't expect to get anything back to be honest but I have asked the question so lets see what happens. I have a feeling my E mail may be totally ignored but lets give them a chance..........

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »
I was right for a change, no reply to TWO e mails sent now over the last 10 days. I am VERY disappointed in Olga's Travel as I would have thought it was just common courtesy to at least E mail me back. I know they have had some very satisfied customers over the years , that is why I used them as their reviews are so good , but I am not one of those satisfied customers and will be taking my business elsewhere next year.
People can read into my experience what they wish but what I have written here is all fact , I just hope no one else gets "caught out" in the same way.
On a positive note I have booked Tria for the last week in May next year at a stupidly good price !! Already looking forward to showing the wife and new baby the delights of Arillas.

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »
Truth
I have read this thread and think your unbiased remarks and all the responses totally fair.  It is now when I read your last post that I am not surprised.  We have never had transfers with Olgas Travel but twice we booked a trip to Mathraki Island with her and both times were left stranded at San Stefanos Harbour.  Yes, it is a do-able walk back to Arillas, but my husband is not a good walker, especially after we had walked over the top of Mathraki on both ocasions, and of course, paid to be collected from San Stefanos harbour.  We had to wait for one of the ship's crew (quite a grumpy man) to bring us back in a very beat up old banger.  It was an experience but one we will never repeat as we waited at the harbour for over an hour before we were given the lift.  NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Ann x

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
Sue and I used Olgas Travel for a visit to the village festival in Afionas at the end of June this year.We were staying at the Akti so picked up the minibus at Olgas.There were six of us in the minibus and on arrival at the festival site we were told that we would be picked up at 11-00pm for the return to Arillas.After a wonderful night at the festival we arrived at the pick up point and waited until 12-00.No reply to phone calls and eventually we were collected at 12-30 with no explanation.Complaining at
olgas the next day we were told they knew nothing about any delays and no apologies were forthcoming.In future we will use Arillas travel with whom we have never had any problems.We are back in Arillas this Saturday(15th)and are hoping to visit Corfu Town if the weather is a little cooler but it will not be with Olgas .

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
Same as the others we booked a trip last September someone from office drove to San Stef to pick up another couple all squashed into car to Sidari taken to Kassiopi on a filthy coach on the return we were taken to harbour to collect people from the boat and had to change coaches finally dropped of at Sidari again and were picked up by an even smaller car to be taken back to resort not to be repeated again.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
Oh dear , it seems I am not alone !  I am sorry to hear all of these stories, very unfortunate. I am not sure how they can get away with this?

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
Because we don't complain we just say we won't use them again which is silly really

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
Indigo648
You are probably right, but voting with one's feet can also be effective.
Ann x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
Out of the blue I have had a reply! 20 Euro refund. Fairs fair so I thought I'd let everyone know.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 10:58:52 PM »

The power of the printed word?

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »
Yes indeed Val! X

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 01:45:33 AM »
I am glad you got some sort of a refund because what you experience was not acceptable, BUT -

I think I need to make a different sort of comment here, though - we've been on several trips through Olga's Travel and have never needed to complain.  OK, there've been a few times when we had to wait a little longer than we would have expected, but we take that for granted in Greece - avrio/manana - or whatever!

Janis x

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »
Book a service, receive a service.
Lindypops.

Booking.com