Author Topic: Rain?  (Read 41039 times)

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Rain?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »
Unfortunately they were right about the rain forecast... We arrived home yesterday afternoon after a gorgeous week in Arillas.  Weather fabulous all week until Thursday when it was very windy in the morning - but still beach weather.  We came up from the beach for a long lunch and when we returned all the beds had been moved and the sea had come in!!

It started raining Thurs evening at about 8 pm and the storms were amazing and it never stopped raining until we left yesterday (or lightning/thunder).  When we arrived at the airport we were told we weren't sure if any flights would be taking off as they didn't believe any flights could land - visibility was nil and rain was still pouring.    Our flight finally left 2.5 hours late which wasn't bad - there had been talk by our rep of all flights being postponed for 24 hours.   We were advised locally that forecast was similar for next few days..... and then we arrived home to UK sunshine, what a treat.

But what I wouldn't give to be sitting back in Efi's with a glass of retsina....

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
Lovely report. We have done serious storms in Arillas and they are so exciting. I love Arillas when the weather is wild. September seems to be the peak of the year for that, but mostly like mid summer.

But our times were always in the context of many days / weeks of summer weather. Have felt so sorry for those who were there for one week in late September 2008. Much of that one week was dominated by storms. After two and a half weeks (no, not nine and a half, dirty minds....) of glorious hot weather, Jen and me just loved every minute of it. Got trapped in the Coconut Bar with torrential rain crashing sideways across the doors. Perry and Kostas soaked to the skin. More Black Russians....

Justlove the spirit daisyday. Mine wouldn't be retsina, but watching the storm from Efi's would be heavenly for me.

Phil

Offline Sarah1

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »
Efi's and a carafe of red wine if it's raining...hohum...
Sarah

Offline Jeanette

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »
well its certainly a very wet Thursday here in Arillas. Heavy rain with thunder and lightening. Lets hope it doesnt last as long as it did last week. The weather on this site shows lots of sun for today!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
Forecast looks better from tomorrow.......
Sandy x

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »
been lovely today guys.....wind eased totally..... no worries x
h
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
lost my earlier msg i think....wi fi dropped out. been beaut of a day...wind dropped no rain forecast....YEAH! !!!!

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 01:42:24 AM »
Our next trip is in december, weather websites suggest an average of 10 inches of rain in december, so it should be interesting! Not too sure whether I'll be brave enough to swim either.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »

Will you visit Arillas in December just to see what it's like in winter?
Then again I bet you will be too busy getting your new home ready for the spring.
I do envy you Nic and John, just wish we had thought that we COULD have done it long ago........ before the grandchildren came along.

Enjoy your trip, it will soon be here.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »
I'm hoping we'll go to arillas and san steph just to have a look what it's like in winter (I may have to try a swim), we won't be making too many winter trips so I think we should take this opportunity. As it's fully furnished, there is nothing to do on the house other than ensure the bills are organised (which the laywer tells us she will do), and pick up the paperwork. We're thinking we'll do a few of the walks in the north east, from Hillary Paipetti's guide.
We can only use the house for about 5 weeks per year, so we're hoping our family will use it during the summer too.

Offline Sneezewort

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 02:59:49 PM »
I think whatever rain there's been in Arillas or Corfu in general has been like it across much of northern Greece. Friends of ours got back from Halkidiki around a couple of weeks ago. Said it had been wall to wall rain for 5 out of the 7 days they were there.

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 05:07:42 PM »
what a damned shame....we have had two hours rain in past ten day and one windy day and evening.....not even used pashima at night although take it out every night......cos im a girlie lol

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 11:33:20 PM »
so far today we have had 13 hrs of rain here in Devon and its the heavy stuff
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 12:46:14 AM »

Harold, hope that it soon stops, it seems to have swept right across the country this week, but the southwest is having it very bad.

Keep dry and stay well,

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 01:40:45 AM »
OMG do I wish I were sitting on my bench opposite Thalasaa right now. Watching Gravia, with not a care in the world.

Instead I am worrying about the weather and my son's need to get back to work in Surrey on Monday. My own journey to Yeovil on Monday seems like nothing by comparison, but might be disastrous.

oh my god, OMG, I WISH that Jen and I were there now.

Phil

Booking.com