Author Topic: Just back from Anna's  (Read 5450 times)

nesty

Just back from Anna's
« on: September 20, 2005, 01:40:09 PM »
We , as expected, had another really relaxing time at Anna's.

I cannot speak too highly about the accomodation, the rooms are massive and clean. The pool is inviting as is the friendly relaxing atmosphere of the pool bar an essential visit pre and anti the trip down the hill to your favourite taverna. The only down side (no pun) is the walk back up 'Cardiac Hill' ...

We would like to thank Anna, Tassos, Kostas and Theo for their warm friendly welcome and as always they made a special effort to get up to wave us off...

We again (testiment to the relaxed atmosphere) made some good friends, and as well as old chums Ronne & Lorraine - a well kept secret that !, would like to thank Alan & Lin(da), Tracey and Ian for their splendid company.

We would like to apologise to anyone who got splashed around the pool !!

A splendid resort............ a splendid accomodation and splendid people.

Just hope Arillas isnt the "last resort" as depicted in the Eagles song

Call some place paradise.......... kiss it goodbye.

Oh - if anyone is interested - pictures of trip II here :-

http://www.pbase.com/nesty2066/arillas_ii

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Just back from Anna's
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 02:26:36 PM »
Excellent photos Roger!

Offline bobandjoyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.essential-opportunity.co.uk
Just back from Anna's
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 02:59:16 PM »
Fantastic photos.  Where is that beach?  it looks lovely!

nesty

Just back from Anna's
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 03:01:59 PM »
thanks - the beach is San Stefanos - a 5 minute scooter ride from Arillas

The others are of (St George) Agios Georgios taken from Afionas - not a scooter ride for the faint hearted !!

Our 50cc scooter struggled. I would suggest anyone driving to Afionas do it on a bigger bike (or car)....

Offline Janina C

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Just back from Anna's
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »
Roger

I have just realised who you are! We were in Arillas from 29th August to 12 September. We were in Anna's the day you got the scooter. We are friends of Anna & Kostas but we stay in some apartments just up the road.
I am glad to see that you get the same stick from Tassos and Anna as we do.

You are right about the airport by the way. We have been comming to Corfu for 20 years now and I have never seen it so bad. We were under the canopy outside the door for 1 - 5 check in desks and when it opened they sent us right down to the arrivals exit to go in!!!!. Never ever again on Monday will I travel to Corfu.

Janina
Janina

nesty

Just back from Anna's
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 02:48:10 PM »
Hi Janine

We didnt hire the bikes the first week- our friends did - we hired them the second week.

It is such a nice relaxed atmosphere at Anna's agree - we may look to fly on a different day if poss in future.....

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
Just back from Anna's
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 08:53:25 PM »
great photos nesty and great remarks about Anna's. Where are they exactly? How far a walk from village? We normally stay at Ina's. Did you book independently or with a company?

Gaye
gaygo

nesty

Just back from Anna's
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 11:38:53 AM »
They are up the hill towards San Stefanos. If you come away from the beach and past the music bars and bear left - go up the hill (Cardiac Hill) Anna's is on the right after the Pattiserie (after a sharp left).

They are in next years First Choice brochure.

Booking.com