Author Topic: Angling  (Read 4485 times)

Offline John I

Angling
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:48:56 AM »
Our 1st visit to Arillas. Will arrive 22nd Oct'. I am a keen fresh-water Angler who loves to have a dabble in the sea whilst on Hol'. Could someone recommend somewhere in or around Arillas where I might cast a line? What bait? Or any other info'. REALLY  :D looking forward to our holiday.
              John I
John I

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 06:34:42 PM »
Hi John,been to Arilas a number of times & always fancied a dabble  ,But never got round to it...Its easy enough to hire a boat on the beach & not expensive..I believe the area around the small island (Gravio I think) that face Arilas bay is a good spot,and its easily reached..Also people do fish off the jetty that juts out,from the beach....I`m back 31st Sept for a couple of weeks and If I can drag myself from the taverna`s, beach  etc I might give it ago myself..Another idea is to hop round to Ag,Stefanos, there is a small harbour,where the fishing boats hang out..worth a try there..
Kes

Offline John I

Angling
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 01:31:05 AM »
Kes, Many thanks for your reply. I shall equip myself with a rod and tackle with the hope of a cast or two whilst there. Which incidentally is only three weeks away. Can't wait, counting down the days to the 23rd of Oct,  :lol:  John I
John I

Booking.com