Author Topic: XL/ Delayed flight Compensation?  (Read 54897 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
XL/ Delayed flight Compensation?
« on: November 07, 2012, 03:27:23 PM »
Just read on Martins money website that you may be able to claim £400+ on delayed flights.  We had no joy a few years ago when we had a 23 hour delay from XL.  Can I find any details of this flight? can I heck!! If anyone by a REMOTE chance was on the Manchester to Corfu flight around July/Aug around 2008/9 please get in touch!!!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: XL/ Delayed flight Compensation?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
Jo,

XL went burst in 2008...sorry I can't help with any further details.  If none of our fellow members can help perhaps it might be worthwhile posting on a Corfu wide forum/Facebook page to reach a larger audience?

We had a 10 hour delay flying home from Kos in 2004...just a year too early for compensation :-(

Eileen.x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »
Well unbelievebly I have managed to find all info as had kept emails. Fingers crossed. It says up to 480 EACH!! And I had delays both ways. Bet I won't get anything though as they are not there any more. It was actually Air Malta we went with (through XL airways)

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »
Mind you...you wouldn't want to use that site for compensation as they would take a fee...I thought the calculator might help.

Offline mickandsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
Hi Jo,
We are pretty sure we were on that flight (did they put you up for the night at a hotel on the Manchester airport complex). Not sure but was it the Bewdley Hotel.

We claimed from the insurance company.
Would this claim be as well as the insurance claim.

We remember the flight well but don't have any documentation do you know
how could we find it.

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 12:00:02 AM »
Am sure that that was the flight we were delayed on ( Air Malta) What a nightmare! Stuck in a deserted terminal with no info until someone picked up a phone on a desk and demanded to know what was happening!  Cue a very grumpy man in uniform who appeared and directed everyone to a hotel for the night! Checked in the following day and faced a further  4 hour delay   ....stuck on a plane with no food or water! No joy or response after many complaints from us!
gaygo

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

Re: Air Malta
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »
SOOOOOOOOOO we checked in as instructed again at 12 noon  for a 2pm departure. We boarded and then were left sitting on the plane until 4.30 as the luggage went missing and then the pilot couldn't get clearance to take off. We had paid for an inflight mealbut there was no hot  food on board so had to purchase extortionately priced sandwiches!
We finally arrived in Arillas at 11 pm instead of 6.30 a.m tired,hungry and angry!
That said, we returned this morning with no delays, having had a FANTASTIC fortnight at our favourite holiday spot.  For Jo's info!
gaygo

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
Well we arrived at 9pm as instructed to check in for our midnight flight. We endured the nightmare that is Terminal 2 Manchester Airport [ every where closed apart from Alpha Retail and rather a grubby Burger King which had run out of tea, coffee and ice cream!]
So we waited and waited until 2 am with no apologies for the delay or information up on any board.
Finally a bad tempered and dismissive Duty Manager informed us that the flight had been cancelled owing to insufficient crew.
So here we all are ,back in rainy Stockport waiting to return to airport at 11:45 to check in again!
Total taxi cost to date£55!
gaygo

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
Jo those posts are in the wrong order but you can get the picture! August 2008 this was x
gaygo

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »
Has anyone had any success stories re the recent flight compensation as featured on Martin's money website? I have recently heard from the ECC that my case has been accepted whatever that means but hopefully around 2k may be coming my way! (Won't hold my breath mind hah)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »

Best of luck Jo, but remember miracles do sometimes happen. :)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
Good luck to you all.
I assume this only relates to flight separate deals.
For an old fashioned package deal person I am just counting down to my next visit without that hassle!
Oliver.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »
After trawling through old hard drives I found a back up with my old e mails and finally located the flight number(:...letter composed and ready to send..
btw flightstats works fine and gives flight info ok but you do need the original flight number.. airline..and dept date...to get the data...fingers crossed
..as there were 5 of us in the party could be a few bob on the way
.. think if distance over 1500km then up to 400 euros per passenger...
btw    flight no: Mon 1829...25/05/2009 if anyone needs it...

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re: XL/ Deleyed flight sompensetion?
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 10:27:48 PM »
Read an article saying that if flights paid for by Credit card you can now claim through the bank for delay compensation in respect of EU ruling. would obviously need all relevant info re flight docs etc but its another avenue to persue if Airline is not cooperating..

Booking.com