Author Topic: Favourite Drink  (Read 11293 times)

Offline BILLYB

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Favourite Drink
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »
caipirinha at Akti . Our first drink in Arillas ! simples :)

Offline Peter and Andrea

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 03:07:08 PM »
Ouzo and ice at the Rainbow! xx

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Well my Arillas wouldn't be Arillas without my Coconut Pina Colada (although I have to say the Horizon's and Ammos take some beating. I know I know naff choice or what! BUT, my absolute fave has to be some ice cold white wine sipped on my Marinaki swing as the early evening approaches...this is the thought that has kept me going all these months!!
Well my Arillas wouldn't be Arillas without my Coconut Pina Colada (although I have to say the Horizon's and Ammos take some beating. I know I know naff choice or what! BUT, my absolute fave has to be some ice cold white wine sipped on my Marinaki swing as the early evening approaches...this is the thought that has kept me going all these months!!

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »
Ouzo and fresh orange served up by the lovely Giorgos and Kinga mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pure heaven

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 08:32:16 PM »
My favourite drink is Dimitris´ father´s rosé. This is not one drink, but many. Each year it has changed its colour a bit, and the taste varies as well. It always looks very different from the rosé wines of my Finnish Alko-shop. But it is always fresh, light and sprightly. There is always a story to go with it, as well, as Dimitris tells me about this year's grape crop and winemaking process. At every meal at Brouklis, it appears in front of me as if by magic, even the year when I had read on the forum that that year's rosé was finished, it had run out long before we arrived in the autumn. This summer wine gives me a sense of belonging, and is lovely to dream about, particularly when writing with a snow storm raging outside the window, as I am now.
Emeralddragons

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 09:49:48 PM »
This summer wine gives me a sense of belonging

Well, let's hope it is never "The last of the summer wine."

(Jen has her Norah Batty wrinkly socks ready in case, and I have my Compo wellie boots ready too.... Arillas will never use the word "last" while I am alive.)

Krasi is such an important but relatively hidden part of NW Corfu. Wonderful locally made wine is available widely. Brouklis wine is always worth tasting, and as our emeralddragons says, it comes with folklore, humanity and joy.

But my favourite drink is unshakeable. Mythos.

Phil

Offline emeralddragons

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 10:44:24 PM »
Last, Phil? Certainly not! We'll say next instead. Anyway, I'd prefer drinking my summer wine while listening to Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood rather than watching the sitcom...
Emeralddragons

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 12:33:27 AM »
Ah meluvver, Arillas is so much a sitcom. The Situation Comedy where so many people can't wait to meet all these internet, virtual people who have made them their friends. They understand each other and long to meet for real. But it will never happen.

But in some cases it does, and Jen and I have a lovely list of lovely people who have met us for real. The strange bit is how close we are to those we haven't. They know who they are. And we love them as much. Just like you.

But I am right about this. Arillas itself is the reason for it all.

Phil

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 05:32:13 PM »
All of that is so true Phil.  I really hope to meet you and Jen in Arillas, till then this virtual friendship will have to do and you have been friends to me.

Sharon x

Offline emeralddragons

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 10:11:26 PM »
"Arillas itself is the reason for it all". Wise words, Phil.
Emeralddragons

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 11:10:38 PM »

. Arillas itself is the reason for it all.

Phil
Well said , Phil

Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com